News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Donald & Douglas

Started by N&W475, May 12, 2010, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on October 07, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
Exactly & I would'nt be surprise if donald & douglas were pushed back to 2013.
Quote from: JD417 on October 07, 2010, 08:41:35 PM

if thats the case i hope that we'll still get engines within those 3 years and not just have to wait 3 years for 2   :( :( :( :( :( :(
Quote from: Anthony P2 on October 07, 2010, 09:10:09 PM

2013? isn't that a little far away?

Gah!  :o No, I highly doubt that will happen. They are really only making one engine with minor differences to make 2. ::) The only differences are nameplates, numbers, and faces.  :P I wouldn't go past next fall. I bet they are at the latest released the same time that Bill and Ben were released this year. :)

PasqualeCS96

My Guess Somewhere beteen January and March

Anthony P2

bachmann usually says that then we get our hopes up, then we get ******* because they've been pushed back to june, then we get our hopes up again, then we get ******* again when they've been pushed back before. happens all the time: ex. Tidmouth Sheds and Emily. so my guess is next year around this time (October-December).

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Anthony P2 on October 08, 2010, 03:10:15 PM
bachmann usually says that then we get our hopes up, then we get ******* because they've been pushed back to june, then we get our hopes up again, then we get ******* again when they've been pushed back before. happens all the time: ex. Tidmouth Sheds and Emily. so my guess is next year around this time (October-December).

I think basically everything has been released in the fall/winter time because Christmas is on the way, and that is when model railway sales thrive (Presents! ;D).

Hoss

I know your ticked, but Bachman's making some dang good models. Personally I'd rather they take their time and made models they could be proud of. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Hoss on October 08, 2010, 08:38:01 PM
I know your ticked, but Bachman's making some dang good models. Personally I'd rather they take their time and made models they could be proud of. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

I think he means "we get *******" as in people start making pointless threads asking one question: "so when is (insert model here) being released?" I have to agree with both of you. I think he means that Bachmann shouldn't give a date that is bound to be postponed. :P I don't like promises, which is what they basically are, that aren't kept without reason. Trying not to be rude, but that's how I feel. I'm not necessarily mad. I just like reasons and answers as most would. :)

Anthony P2

Quote from: PerfectPercy on October 08, 2010, 10:28:11 PM
Quote from: Hoss on October 08, 2010, 08:38:01 PM

I think he means "we get *******" as in people start making pointless threads asking one question: "so when is (insert model here) being released?" I have to agree with both of you. I think he means that Bachmann shouldn't give a date that is bound to be postponed. :P I don't like promises, which is what they basically are, that aren't kept without reason. Trying not to be rude, but that's how I feel. I'm not necessarily mad. I just like reasons and answers as most would. :)

exactly that. i don't get my hopes up if they say a model is being released. I automatically think " i'm going to get some nice models for Christmas  ;D ", or at the train show i go to in november, because we all know that bachmann works hard on these models. plus they have other models to attend to not just the Thomas ones. Donald and Douglas should, no WILL, be nice models when they come out.

StanierJack

You know, at least be grateful Bachmann is actually making them. They don't have to, and yet here you all are moaning about release dates.  ::)

They'll come, and be a quality product. Patience is a virtue...  ::)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Churchill8F on October 09, 2010, 07:17:17 AM
You know, at least be grateful Bachmann is actually making them. They don't have to, and yet here you all are moaning about release dates.  ::)

We are grateful we just really want the models soon.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Don't be impatient, people. Wait 'til everything is ready.

thomasj219

Ha A Big Day For Thomas Reference
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 09, 2010, 08:08:51 AM
Quote from: Churchill8F on October 09, 2010, 07:17:17 AM

We are grateful we just really want the models soon.

That is the wrong attitude. This is why we run into problems in the first place. You need to be patient in order to say "Bachmann did a really great job with this one (or these two)."

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 09, 2010, 01:04:23 PM
Ha A Big Day For Thomas Reference

I don't see a reference in that post of Zelda's. At least half of the post wasn't from the episode and the part you thought was a reference could barely even be thought of as a reference. I take this into all seriousness, though. I've already said to be patient just like another 50% of the Thomas board, but the other 50% just prefer to keep on making pointless threads and impatient posts asking when the product will be released. As basically stated above by me, everything takes time, and we want a good product.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I was referencing "Thomas' Train." Specifically, I was paraphrasing: "Don't be impatient, Thomas. Wait 'til everything is ready".

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 09, 2010, 04:31:08 PM
I was referencing "Thomas' Train." Specifically, I was paraphrasing: "Don't be impatient, Thomas. Wait 'til everything is ready".

Oh, well. Wasn't clear enough to be a true reference.  :P Paraphrasing sure, but no more, no less.

But honestly, people need to stop being impatient and people also shouldn't be making threads in the first place asking simple questions. It's one thing to have a redesign request with 20 paragraphs of reasoning, but one sentence is just appalling. :(