News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Wiring Quiz

Started by ScottyB, May 14, 2010, 09:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottyB

I have the regular DCC 2-8-0 (i.e. non-Tsunami.)  The rear lamp stopped working and upon inspection, the black wire from the LED has come disconnected from somewhere.  The red lead is still soldered to the circuit board.  But where does the black lead get soldered to?

I can't find a wiring diagram either with my documentation or on this site.  Any help is appreciated!

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Tomcat

Scott,

best use a magnifier - there is a soldering point next to the place the red wire does connect; looks exactly the same as its opponent. That´s the right place; it sits on the backwards facing end of the electronics board, centered as the other soldering tip for the red wire is too.

Take a very small soldering tip for your iron, pre-solder the wire after you had stripped a small part of the insulatin, touch it shortly and there you go!

Just let me know if you need any further info.
Cheers, Tom

ScottyB

Thanks Tom - you are correct.  I thought that was the culprit, but didn't want to test it without knowing - I've blown enough LEDs already!  It tested just fine.

Now to solder it without shorting out the red wire!

Thanks for your help!

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Tomcat

Hey Scott,

you´re very welcome!!!
Have fun with this wonderful engine - to me, the Connie is one of the BAchmann´s ever best constructions...

Kind regards, Tom