News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Wiring

Started by choochoomusic, May 16, 2007, 08:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choochoomusic

Hi Everyone,
I'm doing a commercial layout using Ez-track. I want to hide the wires down through the table. Would there be any problem cutting the red & green wires and extending them to re-connecting them under.
The reason is to drill small holes instead of such large ones due to the typical end connectors. I will be doing this layout in total Bachman DCC.
Let me know
The ChooChooMusic Man

Bojangle

I think we all have to cut and splice.  If I were doing it, I would add a small screw terminal block just under the turnouts and wire to that, rather than solder the wires. Then you could add or modify as needed.  Radio Shack has some 8 section which can be cut to any purpose you need, I use them all the time in  my Solar business. I like these (white ones) because you dont have to wrap the wire around a screw or crimp on a bulky spade terminal, just tin the wire, stick in a hole and tighten the screw.  They will handle from small 22 up to number 12 wire. But that's just my usual practice, there are many alternatives.
Bo

Derek O

Bojangle is right on with his advice - worked perfectly for my layout. Only other suggestion is instead of Radio Shack, go to an electronics junk store to save money on the terminal blocks. I found 9 hole mini blocks for $1 each. I cut them into groups of 3 and mounted underneath the table. Also, I also suggest tinning the wires before you insert wires into terminal blocks.

Derek