News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wye's

Started by glsummers, May 16, 2007, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glsummers

I have been reading Jim Banner's comments for some time and appreciate his knowledge in our wonderful hobby. One time I asked him a question and got a good answer but was unable to get him the info he needed. I would like to send him a drawing of my layout wiring problem by snail mail so he could show me how to correctly wire two wye's for dcc. If he would be interested would he please email me at gl.summers@hotmail.com. Thanks Jim if you read this. Larry

Jim Banner

I have sent Larry my snail mail address and with his permission, will post any solutions we might come up with.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Hunt

Wiring a Wye for DCC depends on the brand and type of turnouts (manufacturer and part #) used to build the Wye. The turnout used is as important as where the Wye is used in the track plan so give Jim the information if he has not already requested the information.

ebtbob

Hunt,

If you have the time,  could you explain why it is necessary to know type of turnout that is being used to build a wye from a wiring prespective?   Is it the gapping of the track or what......

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Hunt

Bob,

Key need to know about turnouts used to build wye
•   frog insolated or power routed
•   routes all-live or power-routing
(i.e. how is the turnout constructed and wired)

That is part of what dictates where the track gaps and power feeds are placed for the wye.

ebtbob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org