News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams Value?

Started by Bill Mutch, May 18, 2010, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Mutch

Not that I would ever sell my Williams Trains!!!!!!!!!!!!  But how can you find the value of them? Like for insurance reasons. I have some that are no longer available. How do you know the value?

the Bach-man

Dear Bill,
My guess would be that you'd insure them for replacement value rather than collector's value.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

Bill Mutch

I guess that is the only avenue, Thanks Bach Man.
     My only concern is the ones not made anymore, Thank goodness no brass. But I have the FM 508 Reading A-B-A, LL 1016 Reading 4 car set, LL1016 CD 2 car set, and SN 204 NYC Cigar Band Sharknose A-B-A. Just value of another road name?

Thanks, Bill

3rail

Dear Bill,

eBay is your best price guide out there.  You just need to search completed auctions and it tells you the final selling price. You need to have an eBay account established to view completed auctions.

Regards,

3rail

Cobrabob8

I agree with the eBay sold values for insurance purposes. Copy the sold page and keep it in your insurance files. You can't be too careful.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

DominicMazoch

I think people buy W/WBB as runners, not as collectables.  The only engines which do not "fit" are the UP Heritage, I think!

Cobrabob8

Dominic, I buy all of my trains as "runners", no shelf queens in my house! ;D

Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Bill Mutch

I did the watch on E-Bay for several that I have and didn't like the return. I think I will stick with replacement cost and not worry about road names that are gone from the cataloge. As fate would have it my daughter's house got broken into this past Tuesday so now I living with the lose of stolen property. Don't understand why this stuff happens.

DominicMazoch

I buy runners myself.  But I do have some parts to repair my engines!