News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Amtrak

Started by Edward2, May 19, 2010, 11:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward2

Do you think that it would be a good idea if Bachmann could make more HO scale Amtraks in the future?  ??? ??? ???

ABC

Well they already make the Acela Express® Locomotives, the Acela® HHP-8, the 85' Amfleet I Acela Regional Coach, the 85' Budd Full-Dome Passenger Car, the 85' Amfleet I Phase II,III & IV Coaches, the Business Class Passenger Car, First Class Passenger Car, Cafe Acela®, the End - Business Class Passenger Car, 85' Amfleet I Phase II,III & IV Cafes, the DCC-Equipped E60CP Locomotive, the Nor'easter set, and of course the Acela Express® Set.
So in short, that seems like enough for one road to me.

John Honeck Sr

How about adding a few DDC loco's

ABC

They already have 3 different DCC locos with multiple road numbers for each.

Joe323

One thing I have not been in Bachmann is Superliner Cars

jonathan

I have dabbled in the Amtrak world.

The Acela set is truly awesome.  Highly recommend it.

The F40PH engines are also great.  Nice and smooth.

Unfortunately, the Silver Series Amfleet II passenger cars do not roll freely.  I have tried a few tricks to get them rolling well, but to no avail.  The inside bolster system has too much friction.  It takes two engines to safely pull 6-8 amfleet cars.  It seems free rolling, modern passenger cars is a challenging task.  My guess is, it would be way too expensive to manufacture some sort of ball-bearing axle for the cars.

On the plus side, they light up very well.  They also look very good.

Regards,

Jonathan 

Edward2

Superliner cars and the mail coaches need to be on the Bachmann line. Dining cars should be included too. Dash 9 style Amtrak locomotives should be added to the HO scale Bachmann list.

Joe Satnik

The electrical pickups are a drag on your passenger car wheels. 

The lights are an extra load (drain) on your power pack.

Have you considered removing the pickups and using battery powered golden white LEDs instead?

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

JonD

What would be the best DCC Decoder to use with the HHP-8? Would sound be considered a good possibility?

Edward2

Quote from: Joe Satnik on May 20, 2010, 11:22:49 AM
The electrical pickups are a drag on your passenger car wheels. 

The lights are an extra load (drain) on your power pack.

Have you considered removing the pickups and using battery powered golden white LEDs instead?

What do you mean?

Edward2

Quote from: JonD on May 20, 2010, 01:07:02 PM
What would be the best DCC Decoder to use with the HHP-8? Would sound be considered a good possibility?
Who is that a picture of on your avatar?

Doneldon

This thread seems to have taken an abrupt and possibly awkward new direction, I think.

--D

bachwolf

I think it would be profitable for Bachmann to revisit the Metroliner, not only for Amtrak but PRR and Penn Central as well.

It might also be an auspicious time to do a deal with Jouef for the Turboliner tooling.

Unique models attract both new and former customers which should benefit the rest of Bachmann's range - provided they make a good impression. I think they can.

full maxx

Quote from: Edward2 on May 20, 2010, 01:18:27 PM
Quote from: JonD on May 20, 2010, 01:07:02 PM
Who is that a picture of on your avatar?
looks like Brisco County Jr.
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Emster

Bachmann should make the Genisis locos (is that even what they're called, because i forget the real class). They would be really nice.