Bachmann City Of Truro is a real disappointment

Started by James The Red Engine, May 21, 2010, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

I must say that when Bachmann released City Of Truro I was quite impressed.  I was really looking forward to getting the model to go along with my HO/OO Thomas models.

I will say however that I am really annoyed that the model is not available in the US.  Why is it only sold at the NRM!?  >:(

N&W475

maybe they arent ready to sell here yet, give them time

shining time

thats what i guessed when i found out about it too
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Cheeky_ULP

Most likely because it was probably Special Ordered by the NRM...  :P

PasqualeCS96

Me and probably a lot of other users on Ask the Bachmann want UK models to be here in the States, I personally would love to get a Bachmann City of Truo, but I don't think Bachmann will be selling UK models anytime soon, believe me I want them here too.

buzz

Quote from: James The Red Engine on May 21, 2010, 08:30:16 PM
I must say that when Bachmann released City Of Truro I was quite impressed.  I was really looking forward to getting the model to go along with my HO/OO Thomas models.

I will say however that I am really annoyed that the model is not available in the US.  Why is it only sold at the NRM!?  >:(

Hi
Because it is a special limited edition commissioned by the National Railway Museum at York.
Something to do with GWR celebrations for something 175 years I think.
You don't have a choice if you want one you have to get it from them.
There are certain Bachmann branch lines, Hornby and Dapol products that are only available from specific places because they where special commissions with wagons its usually a PO wagon from the shop area,
sometimes a pre grouping wagon that ran in the area.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished

buzz

Quote from: James The Red Engine on May 22, 2010, 08:40:43 AM
Quote from: Sparks on May 21, 2010, 11:26:24 PM
Most likely because it was probably Special Ordered by the NRM...  :P

Hi
If you ordered say 500 wagons or something as a special comission.
I don't think you would like the maker selling them on the internet or other places.
It is also more than likely classed as a breach of trust with all the legal stuff that goes with it.
If you want one that bad order one from the museum.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished

max (uk)

This also happened with the Bachmann Prototype Deltic model, but I don't see you complaining about that. 

I have seen some one in Japan who has one, so their is no reason why you couldn't order one from the NRM.

If you want to blame some one, blame the NRM, even though it was them that made the limited run possible in the first place...

Also, if the City Of Truro model was sold in the states, it would be around $200. Still want it!?

If you want to make one, get a Dapol kit and a Brachlines Chassis.

There is no reason for you to be complaining.

GWR14

does anybody have a photo of this famous engine?

StanierJack

James The Red Engine

Quote from: max (uk) on May 22, 2010, 11:51:00 AM
Also, if the City Of Truro model was sold in the states, it would be around $200. Still want it!?

Yep! ;D

StanierJack

Quote from: James The Red Engine on May 24, 2010, 07:10:03 AM
Quote from: max (uk) on May 22, 2010, 11:51:00 AM

Yep! ;D

Ever thought of emailing the National Railway Museum in the first place?

therailwayinspector

As the C.O.T is a UK loco, it would really only be sold in the UK, like the Bachmann here sells US locos and stock.
And as mentioned above, it is a special comission for the NRM only, but I do believe a standard model is being released next year into the ordinary range...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

TobyTheTram16

HI there, to answer your question, you can order the Bachmann City of Truro model for import into the US by phoning them on +44 1904 685730 Mon-Fri 10am-4pm BST (5am-11am DST in New England). Hope this helps!
  ;)[/move]