News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Anyone buy James recently?

Started by Cheeky_ULP, May 23, 2010, 05:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

I've noticed lately online a lot of James models have been popping up with Black wheels. Is Bachmann finally producing them with the grey problem fixed? Just curious.

The Chaz Storm

Can you find any proof of this?

Cheeky_ULP

Hence why I asked. :P

I wasn't sure if they were being painted by the people, or being manufactured that way.

James The Red Engine

Well, the wheels look gray in this pic.

Not sure, but if Bachmann did fix the wheels on the model, I think they would have also fixed the smoke box too. :-\

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: James The Red Engine on May 24, 2010, 05:07:42 PM
Well, the wheels look gray in this pic.

Doesn't help that I've had this pic in my drive for years now, so no surprise there. :P It's outdated.

ThomasFan247

I purchased a James sort of recently. I think that people just decide to paint the wheels and smoke box black. I've done this aswell. So, I don't think it's been changed.

PasqualeCS96

I don't have James but I do know he has gray wheels unfortunately but where is the smokebox because I can not tell.

StanierJack

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on May 26, 2010, 03:31:19 PM
I don't have James but I do know he has gray wheels unfortunately but where is the smokebox because I can not tell.

Why can't you just google something :P

PerfectPercy

His face is on the smokebox. Anyway, until this was mentioned, I never really noticed the lack of black paint in the 2 places on the smoke box. I notice it greatly now. The wheels were always a question in mind. I don't want to go at it and paint the model to fix the errors because I'm worried of fudging it up. :P

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: StanierJack on May 26, 2010, 05:19:21 PM

Quote from: PerfectPercy311 on May 26, 2010, 10:56:59 PM

His face is on the smokebox. Anyway, until this was mentioned, I never really noticed the lack of black paint in the 2 places on the smoke box. I notice it greatly now. The wheels were always a question in mind. I don't want to go at it and paint the model to fix the errors because I'm worried of fudging it up. :P
I looked on Google and he does have a Black smokebox not a gray one.

StanierJack

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on May 27, 2010, 03:48:14 PM
Quote from: StanierJack on May 26, 2010, 05:19:21 PM

I looked on Google and he does have a Black smokebox not a gray one.

Read the posts beforehand. James has an issue of Gray Wheels, and a lack of Black on his smokebox support.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Also, Google would be most unhelpful in this case. Most of what you'd see would be that outdated stock photo.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 27, 2010, 11:10:40 PM
Also, Google would be most unhelpful in this case. Most of what you'd see would be that outdated stock photo.
Wouldn't that make it the least helpful then?

PasqualeCS96

That's what I'm talking about, the cylinder James's face is in is black, other than that I don't see the smokebox in these pictures. Sorry if I'm being a pest.  :(

PerfectPercy

What some are trying to say is compare a picture of the TV James to that of the Bachmann James and you will see the 2 errors.