News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Problems with Spectrum 2-10-0

Started by zinker, May 23, 2010, 11:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinker

Help!!

I have a short in my 2-10-0...I had to replace the board and I'm quite sure I put it back in correctly...The black wire went to the lead truck, the red to the back. Neither truck connection is touching the tender weight. The large connection to the loco is on the left the small on the right. Looking at the front of the tender. The insulated wheel sets are on the left, again looking at the front of the tender....This new board was purchased from Bachmann. The loco was not altered in any way..I'm REALLY confused....

Thanks, Steve

rogertra

Sound like a tender truck shorting issue.  Hopefully at least as it's easy to solve.

Just try turning the trucks around.  Try different combinations.  I can't recall which sideof the truck is which  but a little experimentation may solve the problem.

zinker

Thanks for the reply,

Yep I've tried the trucks from both sides of the rail. Still a dead short.....

pdlethbridge

The tender wheels are to be opposite one another. The front truck insulated on one side, the back truck the other. The tender picks up current from both rails.

zinker

Thanks guys,

Okay so I've always had steamers that the loco picked up current from one side of the rail and the tender from the other side...

Old dog new trick...

Thanks again......

pdlethbridge

zinker

Sorry....Yes it works like a charm......Now to get DCC and sound in it........