News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Kader Battery-Operated Train Set?

Started by lvrr325, June 25, 2010, 04:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvrr325

Anyone have any details on this?  It's basically a blue plastic case about 8"x8"x1" that doubles as a battery pack and contains a Bachmann N 0-4-0 shifter, 41' plug-door reefer, and caboose, except the engine has a green boiler, red cab, red tender, pastel green reefer (body and frame), pastel yellow caboose, and the track in the set has pink(!) ties.  Reefer and caboose have some minimal roadname markings.   The pieces are straight Bachmann, marked Bachmann.  I found one some time back on eBay, for sale in England, but they knew about as much as I do.  I just wondered about when it was made and what market it was intended for.  Presumably there's some reason why it has the Kader name on it instead of Bachmann. 

ABC

Kader is the parent company of Bachmann, they are pretty much one in the same.

lvrr325

Guess I should have mentioned that too. 

ncbqguy

AFAIK the 0-4-0 battery set was offered in Japan by Mico-Ace.   The 0-4-0 (C16a) was shown at the MRIA Trade Show but never released in the US.  It was the same prototype as the Atlas / Rivarossi version.  It had the original Docksider mechanism with the early plastic valve gear.   Maybe it was a gentlemen's agreement that it wasn't released as Atlas did not release the 0-4-0T (C16) that Rivarossi tooled so neither line duplicated the other.   The PRR A4 0-4-0 used the tender intended for the C16a.
I've seen photos of the set with regular track and conventionally decorated cars; perhaps the set mentioned was a "girls' train"?
Charlie Vlk