News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ten wheeler sound?

Started by d. calloway, May 27, 2010, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d. calloway

Now that Bachmann is offering the ten wheeler with sound, has anyone heard them yet? I was wondering if they had the same sound as the "broken" whistle or the original whistle the ET&WNC had before it was broken?    Dwayne Calloway

Dusten Barefoot

I would like to know the exact same thing. I hear there are a few different whistles to choose from; maybe one of them is the fixed version of #12.  I wonder if there is any way you could record a whistle, and download it onto the decoder. That would make life easier if you ask me.

Rock on!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

d. calloway

Dustin, I put one of the soundtraxx decoders in my green #12, and it is great except for that "broken" whistle. Once you have heard the sweet sound of the "fixed" whistle, It is hard to listen to the other one.   And if anyone is interested, Work on combine#15 is starting to show good progress at Spencer shops,NC!!!!  Dwayne Calloway ;)

Dusten Barefoot

The last time I was there, sometime in Feb I believe; I heard that the car was in the paint shop. How much progress has been made on it?

Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The whistle was recorded after repair.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

d. calloway

Thank you Bachmann!!!  ThankYou!!!  Now that is music to my ears!!!!  Dustin, as far as the combine#15goes, we are starting to replace windows and rotten wood. They have some great craftsman at Spencer,but there is still alot of work to do,but the ball is rolling!!!!!!!  What a great model it would be to complement the ten wheelers!!!! Hmmmmmmm. :D    Dwayne Calloway

Bill Miller

Check out Deerfield River Laser, they make wood replacement bodies for the Bachmann passenger cars to make a combine 15 and coaches

Bill Miller

d. calloway

Bill, I checked out their site, and plan to get one of those. That combine saw ALOT of service on  the"narrow gauge".  I am glad we are finally starting to restore it at Spencer Shops!!!!    Dwayne Calloway ;)

Dusten Barefoot

I've already seen the sight, and the cars are awesome, but I lack the skills needed to kitbash. I've also seen Caboose #5 hosted on their site recently. It looks really great!
Rock On!
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Bill Miller

Just wait till you see the ET&WNC / Linville River Depot they are known to be working on.

Bill

d. calloway

The economy is bad but times are good!!!!  Caboose #505 looks good too!!!! :)   Dwayne Calloway

p51

I know this is an ancient topic, but I stumbled across it and it makes it sound like the Bachmann ten0-wheeler had sound recorded from Tweetsie # 12? Is that correct?
If so, which whistle is it? I went through them all on my ten-wheelers and none sounded like the real locomotive.
-Lee