News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Changing a decoder address

Started by uandd, May 29, 2010, 04:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uandd

Just got a Spectrum 4-8-2 Heavy Mountain n scale and can't change the decoder address with my Digitrax Zephyr system.  Programming track checks 4.0 and the loco runs fine on the ops track with an 03 address.  What am I missing?
UandD.

ABC

Ask Digitrax, its their system, and you may get more replies if you put this under N Scale. Try contacting Digitrax by phone or email.

r0bert

when programming some decoders, and most sound decoders on the programming track in page mode, for the zephyr, you may need to add a 1000 ohm resistor across the rails of the programming track, a 12v lamp will also work.
Are you programming a four digit address, did you separately set CV29 to 38 for 4 digit addressing.
In page mode when programming a 4 digit address, the zephyr will normally set CV29 for you, but sometimes, it gets lost in the transfer, so out of habit I always set CV 29 again after programming address.
you can also program troublesome decoders on the program track in direct mode, or in ops mode on the main.

Jim Banner

Quote from: ABC on May 29, 2010, 04:41:21 PM
Ask Digitrax, its their system, and you may get more replies if you put this under N Scale. Try contacting Digitrax by phone or email.

Digitrax has quite an informative website at
http://www.digitrax.com/

See particularly their FAQ and Technical Support sections.  There is also a Digitrax users group on Yahoo!.  For your present problem, the 1000 ohm resistor trick that r0bert mentions will very likely get you the desired result.

Asking your question on the General Discussion Board is just fine.  I think most people check the board for the scale in which they model plus the General Discussion Board.  I model in large scale, 0 scale and H0 scale and use my Zephyr in all three but I would never have seen your question on the N scale board because not being a modeler in N scale, I rarely go there.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.