Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track cleaner

Started by tom thornton, May 30, 2010, 07:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom thornton

bought new track cleaner # 16302, no paper work
how do I clean the stone/pad ?
will it need replacing, if so how do I  order ?

ABC

Quote from: tom thornton on May 30, 2010, 07:07:07 AMwill it need replacing, if so how do I  order ?
Eventually, after enough use, at which point you may contact the Bachmann parts dept to purchase a replacement, but the price is a bit of a mystery.
Quote from: tom thornton on May 30, 2010, 07:07:07 AMbought new track cleaner # 16302, no paper work
how do I clean the stone/pad ?
You can clean it with a non-fibrous cloth and supposedly you can put it in the dishwasher per the Bach-man's advice. What type of paper work do you expect? You set it on the rails and run in one direction then the other, then you clean it however you see fit then repeat.

Pacific Northern

I was surprised that there was no mention of ordering replacement pads as well

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,13042.0.html

I am quite happy with the unit, it certainly seems to do its job. Running quite a number of sound steamers the results are obvious.
Pacific Northern

Doneldon

tom -

Some model rails run a track cleaner all of the time, depending on the type, to keep their railroads spiffy.  (Yes, I', over 60.)  I even know one fellow who has a waybill for his cleaner which sends it to every location on his pike so no part is left out.  I'm not so sure that's necessary because one could just service sidings and spurs when trouble develops.  I think the most important thing is the mainline.
                                                                         -- D

Joe323

I took it one step further and set up a MOW train using the tank cleaning car, a well weathered box car (to store equipment the might be needed for say track inspection or electrical work) and caboose to act as a rolling office/break room/ transport for employees.  Usually it runs behind my GE 70 ton switcher once a day in both directions on the main line.  I clean the sidings manually for the most part.

Doneldon

Joe -

It sounds like you have a good system.

-- D