WBB EP-5 - where's the correct pilot?

Started by Fred Brenek, May 30, 2010, 02:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Brenek

Just determined that WBB is using the wrong pilot on the EP-5.  The one you are currently producing is using the E7/F3 pilot.

The EP-5 as originally produced by Williams had a smooth pilot.  (They may have changed it before Bachmann bought Williams.) Please bring back the original smooth pilot or make it available from the parts department so the model may be correctly represented.

Thank you for looking.

Fred

3rail

Hi Fred,

The other pilot was plastic and it would break easily in minor collisions.  When we introduced the die-cast pilot for the E-7, we stopped using it. We have not molded any for 6-7 years, even before Bachmann purchased the tooling.

Regards,

3rail

Bill Mutch

I saw the same post on 0 gauge forum. If you go there someone posted links that the real EP-5's had two differant pilots. The one offered by WBB isn't wrong. Just the wrong one for you, ( not trying to be ignorant ). I'm just happy their 6 wheel trucks are right instead of 4 wheel.

Fred Brenek

I responded to the post about the different pilots (and came up a with a workable modification in another).

There was only one pilot used on the EP-5.  Both photographs on different locomotives offered as evidence show the same pilot.  The 3/4 profile photograph is showing a distorted view of the pilot due to the angle of the photo.  The side shot of the second photo more accurately shows the correct profile.

Fred

raider409

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pilots on the F7's the same as the EP5?