News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

radius

Started by redmelt, June 12, 2010, 09:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmelt

hello all, my first post... I am in the process of moving from HO [DCC] to G scale, and am impressed with the Bachmann product quality, also, the style of engines and coaches suit the type of layout I wish to operate.
Please point me to an area I can find the minimum radius for each type of engine? Unfortunatly, I will have a 2 1/2 ft radius [5' dia] curve so would like to know which engines will negotiate this with no trouble.?
thanks
Bruce 

Doneldon

red -

Welcome to large scale.  You'll love it.  Compared to HO it almost seems like the real thing.

Bachmann's track is all 24" radius so your 30" should be fine.  However, larger radii will both look and operate much better.  Use the largest you can fit in.  Also, be aware that you can't use Bachmann track outside if that's the plan.
                                                                                         -- D

redmelt

thanks Don-
i appreciate the help... it is unfortunate that I have to have a 5' dia curve... but that's the only way I can have a continuous run with the limited space in my yard.  thanks.