Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

is another big engine coming soon?

Started by Heinz D, June 01, 2010, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

Quote from: Udo on June 10, 2010, 01:22:28 AM
Hello together !
I have just received an "INDUSTRIAL MOGUL" (Indy ?) from Bachmann Shanghai.
A few days earlier, they offered this as "NEW".
It is item No. 91552
2-6-0 MIDWEST QUARRY & MINING CO No. 3
I cannot find this loco in any catalogue, so I guess this is a new one.
Or is it just the rest of the old one, sold in 2002? But this was No. 1 I guess.
Hope it is a new one and will be available in the US also.
I think, a lot of people look forward to a tiny loco like this !

Udo

Udo, this little loco, much-missed by many, is long-gone from Bachmann's workshop.  Many of us would like to see this, and the Climax, back in production, as both are small locos more suitable to small-scale operations that many of us have these days.

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of The Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

Udo

Hello Tac,
the question is, is that loco coming up "new", as they announced it on the webpage from Bachmann China some days ago (I immediately ordered one, when I saw it), or do they just sell some old stock over here?
Here in China it is sometimes a little strange.
The K27 they offered only about one year after it came up. The 2-6-6-2 nearly the same time as in the US market.
The long caboose was never seen here.

Udo

tac

Quote from: Udo on June 11, 2010, 09:33:34 PM
Hello Tac,
the question is, is that loco coming up "new", as they announced it on the webpage from Bachmann China some days ago (I immediately ordered one, when I saw it), or do they just sell some old stock over here?
Here in China it is sometimes a little strange.
The K27 they offered only about one year after it came up. The 2-6-6-2 nearly the same time as in the US market.
The long caboose was never seen here.

Udo

As Pliny the Elder didn't say 'Ex China semper aliquid novi...'

Since you live there, you must have a far better understanding of what is going on than the rest of us.  AFAIK, the 'indie' production stopped back around 2006, and has never resumed.  If you know more than that, perhaps you could pass it on to the rest of us who are keen to get our paws on one [or more] of the great little locos'.

Best from the West

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of The Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

Udo

Hello Tac !
Good, that I have learned some Latin around 50 years back.....
Surprisingly, it's still enough to understand.....
Because I never saw this loco before in any of the 3 Bachmann shops in Shanghai, and suddenly it came out on there webside, I thought, it's something new.
Did that loco come out earlier with the number "3" also?
What I found in the internet is No. "1" only.
To get some information from Bachmann here is very difficult. You just have to keep an eye on their webpage and from time to time go in their shop at Shanghai Wuding Road, where the Bachmann Club is located.
Just have a look on the Chinese Webpage with an automatic translator (the translations also often give a lot of fun to read !!!).

Udo

vic

Another large engine?

Yes

Later this year you will get a G scale "James the Red Engine" from the Thomas line, thats the ONLY confirmed new LS item for 2010, everything else is just intrigue. :o