News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

First post, but long time Bachmann fan!

Started by raveoned, June 07, 2010, 01:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raveoned

Howdy!  My name is Ed, and although this is my first post on here, I am a long-time Bachmann fan!  Up until I was about 10 in 1982, my father owned a train shop, and always recommended Bachmann to anyone starting out.

Over time, we've become even bigger fans with the advent of Spectrum and the increasing quality of Bachmann.

I'm in this part of the board for one main reason: a find at a flea market.  I took my daughter, who's 9, loves stuffed animals and Barbies, and loves getting a good buy at a flea market.

We're walking around, and we get to the last few tables.  On the grass next to the last table we visit is the first Big Haulers set, complete!

So, the woman comes over, and says, "My Mother bought that for us at a garage sale so we have something to run at Christmas, and it's really way too big for what we wanted, so I just want to get rid of it.  If you want it, just give me $5.00."

I quickly hand over the money and walk the train to our car!  My daughter kept saying how great a deal that was, since the train is so big!

We got it home, and yesterday I had it up and running, all working perfectly!

Although its only the battery one, it's still a nice set, with a few great cars with it!  Plus, it still had the coaling tower, signs, crossing gates and telephone poles!  I have a bunch of Bachmann G, all passenger sets, but this one is nice to just run without fear of something happening to it.

I took a photo out on our back deck, and turned it black and white. 

Glad to be here, and looking forward to talking with everyone!

Ed

Joe Satnik

Welcome, Ed.

It's fun, isn't it?

Congrats on your find.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

scottychaos

wow..great find! and such a deal!  :o

now you can go from "1st generation" Big Hauler, straight to an "Annie"
for your second locomotive! ;)
(10th anniversary Big Hauler..the most recent incarnation)
IMO the best bargain in Large Scale..you can find them for $125 to $150..

Scot

raveoned

Quote from: scottychaos on June 07, 2010, 09:21:09 PM
wow..great find! and such a deal!  :o

now you can go from "1st generation" Big Hauler, straight to an "Annie"
for your second locomotive! ;)
(10th anniversary Big Hauler..the most recent incarnation)
IMO the best bargain in Large Scale..you can find them for $125 to $150..

Scot

First, thanks, guys, for the compliments!  I'm happy to be here!

Scot - actually, this is my third Bachmann Ten Wheeler, but first with freight.  The other two I have are the Royal Blue passenger set and the Liberty Bell Limited passenger set.

The rest of my G gauge stable is LGB.

But I absolutely love how the 4-6-0's run, and I definitely want an Annie soon!