News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

did u know that

Started by Kris Everett, June 27, 2010, 05:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris Everett

did u know that theres a lot  really good info in later posts if u cycle through out the pages you can find a lot of good info there.

i did

CNE Runner

You are right. Unfortunately most of the earlier threads become 'buried' among the 221 pages of just HO offerings. When I come to an especially interesting/useful thread, I bookmark it into my Favorites. I wish Mr. Bach Man would supply some type of search engine for the seemingly overwhelming number of threads on the forum (I am not complaining as I think Bachmann Trains does an outstanding job with things as they are).

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Kris Everett

actually u can right under your name 3 button over is search it works quite well

i just wish they would make it bigger or just have a search bar to use.

NMWTRR

I had never tried the search key before, it does work great!

I enjoy just reading the posts as I do learn a lot that way :)

Now I know how to go back and search for specific topics.

Thanks

CNE Runner

Thanks Kris, I never noticed the "Search" button before...what a dummy! I retract my earlier statement Mr. Bach Man.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

richg

Quote from: Kris Everett on June 27, 2010, 05:46:21 PM
did u know that theres a lot  really good info in later posts if u cycle through out the pages you can find a lot of good info there.

i did

I was quite surprised by this message as many come into forums and never look around the site. Great observation.

As an example, some have come in here and ask where to find EZ Command documents.

For what ever reason some have to be led by the hand and they have the complete Internet at their PC to search for information.
I can understand that if some have dial up Internet access as Yampa Bob has.

The Internet is better than any library I have ever been to.

Rich

ABC

Quote from: richg on June 29, 2010, 10:21:42 AM
I was quite surprised by this message as many come into forums and never look around the site. Great observation.
As an example, some have come in here and ask where to find EZ Command documents.
For what ever reason some have to be led by the hand and they have the complete Internet at their PC to search for information.
I can understand that if some have dial up Internet access as Yampa Bob has.
The Internet is better than any library I have ever been to.
I have dial-up internet (mine is free, but has ads when you open it each time) and I can still search for things without any trouble. Having dial-up does not mean that it is appropriate to ask people on this forum to do searches for you when all you have to do is type it into any search engine and be patient; however, today's society wants instant gratification, notice how kits as far less common and RTR or pre-built is becoming more prevalent. That it ruining this hobby in a way.

Kris Everett

there may not always be a topic there but thats y u can start a new 1 in steed of repeting stuff over and over again its just a waste and dumb when u think about it

napa15

OR, maybe the person who came in and asked the question/asked for help is not a proficient computer or internet user and has no idea that they could, or should, search through older posts for an answer to a question. Maybe they should be treated with kindness. maybe answer their question if you can, and then politely inform them that "Hey, by the way, if you have any other questions you can search the forums in this manner for past threads on your topic and you might be able to find a faster answer/solution that way.".  :)

Kris Everett

im just saying that if u have used this over and over again then you should search for the topic first and that y i started this to let every one know. there is the option to search a topic instead of asking it again

Kris Everett

i like how the Bachmann put it

Quote from: the Bach-man on February 05, 2007, 11:26:55 PM
Dear 3420,
Please refrain from posting the same question in two places.
It's been answered already...
Thanks-
the Bach-man

mf5117

I like using the search button at the top ,and use it alot . when I first came to the site .I used to get hammered on alot due to spelling and my grammer . But I have a great job and my Secretary takes care of all that . But am glad now that the people here accept me for who I am . Use the search and if you absolutely can't find what your looking for or search the net .then ask usually you will get some sort of answer . And a good one 3 or 4 opinions. Which makes it all the better .

peace to everyone and happy hurricane Alex is staying south of Houston

regards: Mark F