News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Girls Steam

Started by bobbie21921, June 09, 2010, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbie21921

Can anyone tell me if i can purchase just the 2037 Girls Steam Engine and Tender? 

I have a 1991 Lionel Girls set that the Engine Crapped out on it needs the Board and the Motor.  I have found the Board from Lionel but they do not list a motor so i am pretty well done unless i can find a motor.

and Besides the Williams looks a whole lot better! 
My only wish is that they used an odd Wheel Arrangement on the girls Steam Engine i would like to have seen say a Hudson Arrangement.

Bobbie Emerson

phillyreading

Have you tried going to a train show nearby you and find a junker engine and put the motor into the Girls Steam engine? A Hudson steam engine may work.
I did that with a Lionel 235 scout steam engine, the motor needed new rollers on the bottom & since it looked like a sealed unit(one that I could'nt open) I just replaced the whole motor assembly with a newer one. I bought the newer steam engine from a friend of mine for $5.00 because the plastic shell was warped severly from being exposed to heat.

Lee F.

bobbie21921

Phillyreading

I have talked to a few hobbyshops and a couple of reputable repair people and i am told that that motor is odd it shares the same size as lionels old 4-4-0  I have been looking but i really have not found anything i can use
Thanks any help would be appreciated
Bobbie Emerson

phillyreading

Have you tried some of the bigger hobby shops? Like Ma & Pa Junction in Maryland or Ready To Roll in Miami FL.

Lee F.

Joe Satnik

Dear Bobbie,

Don't know if this book will help...

http://www.amazon.com/Lionel-Modern-Diagrams-Parts-Lists/dp/0897782852/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276178544&sr=1-2

You may be able to borrow it through your local library's inter-library-loan system.  (Mine has 2 copies on the other side of the state.)

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

bobbie21921

Joe the Lionel part number for the motor is  10-8606-103

The Unit  is 103-1 Lionel says the Unit is available however the Motor is not it has been discontinued.  When pressed to how i could find a replacement  they were no help. So for about 2 years i have been looking for this motor.
I would like to get this Set Running as it would give me Three Girls Sets to run on the Christmas layout.
Bobbie Emerson

Joe Satnik

Dear Bobbie,

I did a Bing search and found this:

http://www.smittystoytrainparts.com/01c-lionelpostwar.html

and about 65% of the way down that page:

10-8606-103   Motor and pinion assembly (DC)             15.00

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

bobbie21921

I checked the site and did not find the part number however i sent them an email to see if they had it
i appreciate all the help Joe and everybody else
Bobbie
Bobbie Emerson