News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hey Mr. Bach-man...

Started by Nick_Burman, June 16, 2010, 08:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick_Burman

...anything new in the boil for this year's NMRA convention?

Cheers NB

the Bach-man

Dear Nick,
Absolutely!
We will have a detailed release the week of the convention for those of you who can't make it.
We will make people in all scales very happy!
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

d. calloway

Lovin' the On30 stuff!!!  aka ET&WNC!!!!!!!!  Thanks Bachmann.  DC

darryl1936

Could the elusive Heisler be coming ?   Not to hold my breath and that's for sure !!!!!

Linzthom

Sssssssshhhhh !!!! ::) ::) Don't mention the "H" word. We don't want to jinx its coming, now, do we?
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

darryl1936

Would be real nifty if one would be available with DCC & sound.   Dreaming----

railtwister

At the very top of my list is a wish for a SR&RL prairie (especially #24), followed closely by upgraded versions of the Mogul and the Porters with DCC onboard, and in the case of the Mogul, all wheel (including the tender) pickup and optional Tsunami sound. Next on the list would be some passenger & freight cars decorated in road names like Sandy River and Rangely Lakes to compliment the On30 Forneys, and also ET&WNC to match the ten wheeler. A Tweetsie intermodal car like the one Bachmann did several years ago in G would be great, too!

I really don't think I'm interested in a Heisler at all, unless Bachmann can cure the drive train problems so commonly seen on the Shays and Climaxes in both On30 and HO scales. Besides, I already own many more On30 locos than I can hope to use, anyway.

Regards,
Bill

Nick_Burman

My wish would be for a "large" tank loco, either a 0-6-2 or 2-6-2. Could be either a T or ST. A Aussie "NA" would go well in this direction.

A tender 2-6-2 would also be OK. As for the Mogul I would like to see a totally different new loco, something slimmer along the lines of the United Fruit Co. engines (which had both 36" and 30" iterations), also to break away completely from the "toy train" stigma of the original loco.

As far as my modelling goes geared locos leave me cold.

Cheers NB

d. calloway

Bill, I heard through the grape vine that the ET&WNC intermodel may be comin' now the longer coaches would really be nice!!!!! The Tweetsie had several and they were second hand so they would be very useful to alot of modelers. Are You Listening Bachmann??!!! Hmmmm.  Dwayne Calloway

d. calloway

Oh yeh, AN ET&WNC hopper would be nice too ::)   DC

railtwister

I'd like to see a Tweetsie 4 wheel bobber caboose as well, though it may be too soon after the side door caboose's release to be a good choice right now. Bachmann did this car many years ago in G, so the research is already done...

Bill

d. calloway

Well, Mr. bach man, The wheels are rolling!!!!  Hope you are reading these posts!!!!!!!!!  D. Calloway :o

Dusten Barefoot

How'bout updating the whole lot. The larger locomotives could use a larger load. Not to sound rude, but I'm tired of the small train cars dwarfed behind my 4-6-0. I think larger more modern, but not too modern equipment is needed, and have them letterd ET&WNC/Linville, and the other new or old road names.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

d. calloway

If I am not wrong, The On30 coach was one of the favorite new products at MR when it came out a few years ago, and that got my attention. Then when the ten wheelers came out, I switched scales after almost thirty years in H.O.  If Bachmann could cure the gear woes in some of the other models, and make some new cars that are longer and larger, They would make ALOT of people happy!!  Happy people buy more models!!! :D The On30 Stuff is great and they could really expand the market with some models that would complement the locomotives they offer.  I feel sure they know this to some level. The EBT The ET&WNC the D&RGW as well as many others had larger rolling stock.  I have vented, I feel better.  Dwayne Calloway

lvrr325

I scratchbuilt a Carson & Colorado drover caboose - sort of an oddball combine with a cupola that has a clerestory roof over the passenger compartment only (one of two, the other had a plain roof on the entire car and was the only one to survive to today).  They're about 43 feet long, a tad too big for 18" curves but otherwise don't look bad.  Have since decided it's too big for what I want to do, I sold my 2-8-0s and have the 2-6-0 on eBay now even though I'm not sure I want to let that one go.

Early 1960s RMC magazines are a wealth of drawings of 3-foot gauge cars; I picked up some mid-WWII Model Railroaders with drawings of some D&RGW cars as well - the latter have me tempted to try and do a reefer, perhaps subtracting 2 feet from each end to take it to 36 feet rather than 40.  With Evergreen car siding and careful measuring it's pretty easy to bang stuff out and not spend a fortune on it.