News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NYC Berk

Started by TrainManDan, June 17, 2010, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainManDan

Didn't Williams make a NYC Berk? I could have sworn I saw one advertised. If anyone knows anything about it I'd be very appreciative. I suppose I could just purchase a loco and change the line name. Any comments on the Williams Berk performance? Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks
DC

Joe Satnik

Berk112 in the Winter '03-'04 and Winter '04-'05 contemporary line Williams catalogs.

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

TrainManDan

I thought so...unfortunately I can't find one. I guess I just order from that catalogue?

TrainManDan

I mean catalog...not catalogue. Besides ordering, can anyone give me an opinion on the Williams Berkshire performance? I'm leaning between the Berk or scale Hudson- I know they're two different locomotives, but would anyone suggest one over the other?

Joe Satnik

Dear TMD,

Perhaps one of the shops on this phone list might have one, new old stock:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080524003633/williamstrains.com/HTML/FindADealer.html

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Edit: grammar

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ripley manor

I have three berks and two of the semi-scale hudsons. all are great running units. have often thought of  a  scale hudson. when I look at the price I end up buying another berk!

TrainManDan

Thank you, Joe, I really appreciate your help!

ripley manor, I know how you feel. The hudson's are a bit more than the berks, but still better priced than any of lionels scale hudsons or mth for that matter. As I'm sure many train lovers do, I just have a special nostalgic place for the hudson. It just carries a certain classiness to it. But, the berk is another fave of mine : )

Thanks guys! Great input!

Joe Satnik

Dear TMD,

Glad I could help. 

Good hunting.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik