News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

RF Container

Started by Shining Time Station, August 31, 2009, 09:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining Time Station

I now this item has been out for a while and im sure alot of people including myself have already bought some but i was wondering if we would be seeing any actual containers that are thomas related coming out any time soon???

the Bach-man

Dear STS,
None have been announced, but I'll pass along your suggestion.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

shining time

that would be a good idea and welcome to the board shining time station
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Shining Time Station

It just seemed kinda funny to me that they would make a RF container with out making any thing to go on top of it!! Im sure at this point enough of us have one or two proboly more of this one kind of rolling stock that if they made some people would proboly buy them!! Thanks for the welcome dont now what toke me so long to join the forums i usally read them like twice a week anyways.

hrfcarl

Quote from: Shining Time Station on September 02, 2009, 11:17:19 AM
It just seemed kinda funny to me that they would make a RF container with out making any thing to go on top of it!!

What is even worse, 20' containers made by Bachmann, Athearn & Walthers do not fit in this car (JUST not long enough), so why make the RF wagons? 

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: hrfcarl on June 10, 2010, 01:43:49 PM
It just seemed kinda funny to me that they would make a RF container with out making any thing to go on top of it!!

What is even worse, 20' containers made by Bachmann, Athearn & Walthers do not fit in this car (JUST not long enough), so why make the RF wagons? 
Well for one thing you can place HO cars (autos.) on them and other small containers, plus I think it's nice to have samller/shorter flatbeds, plus they were seen in classic and newer episodes such as the beginning of Close Shave when Duck was pulling the frieght train.

StanierJack

Quote from: hrfcarl on June 10, 2010, 01:43:49 PM

You would never get them on these wagons, the containers these carried looked like:

Of course, Bachmann did sell the containers separately under the UK's Bachmann Branch line brand.

hrfcarl

I never said these RF cars looked bad, but why not make them just a tad longer (only about 1/16", 1-2mm more) to accommodate standard 20' containers found in US?  While such containers are not seen of isle of Sodor, being able to use containers readily available or already in a collection would have made these cars more attractive to buyers. 

StanierJack

Quote from: hrfcarl on June 11, 2010, 11:20:59 AM
I never said these RF cars looked bad, but why not make them just a tad longer (only about 1/16", 1-2mm more) to accommodate standard 20' containers found in US?  While such containers are not seen of isle of Sodor, being able to use containers readily available or already in a collection would have made these cars more attractive to buyers. 

Because it doesn't make economical sense, they can just already use a pre-existing mould. As I said before, those containers are a Bachmann product and you should be able to order them.

ThomasFan247

With the discontinuation of the RF Container Wagon, I highly doubt that RF Containers would be made.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on June 11, 2010, 02:21:00 PM
With the discontinuation of the RF Container Wagon, I highly doubt that RF Containers would be made.

Thank you for finally stating this. As I have read through this topic, I am happy to finally see the mentioning of the discontinuation. If it isn't made anymore, then loads don't seem to be on the horizon. If they did make loads to fit in the regular Troublesome Trucks, then these loads would fit on the RF container wagon.

Cheers!