Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Smoke Generator in Spencer

Started by PieroRK, June 18, 2010, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PieroRK

Good morning:

Hi everyone!

I'm a fan of Spain rail mode. I have a 6 year old boy who is a lover of trains from Thomas & Friends and for this reason we are making a large model that depicts scenes of the Island of Sodor. The rolling stock is all we Bachmann because, although it is much harder to get in Spain that Hornby, is much nicer. II think they go well beyond the image of trains has through the chapters of the TV series.

Yesterday I made a query to Bachmann's technical department regarding the possibility of installing a smoke generator in Spencer and in other locomotives in this series and, very kindly, Ms. Debra Schiff, sent me this forum to make this query .

I would like to know if any of you has a smoke generator locomotives Thomas and Friends H0 scale, what kind of generator, make, model and, if possible, a small tutorial with problems and solutions have been produced during installation.

Greetings from Spain.

StanierJack

Well, if it's the Bachmann models, it will be possible, but you will have to remove the moving eyes.

As for smoke generators, I would always reccomend Seuthe units.

http://www.seuthe-dampf.de/

PieroRK

Thank you very much for your kind response.
For me one of the most valuable features of Bachmann trains is precisely the movement of the eyes, not those of Hornby. So I think it is worthwhile to change the movement of the eyes from smoke.
A greeting.