News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Few questions about warranty

Started by Torpedo423, August 03, 2010, 12:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo423

I have a few questions to ask about Bachmann's warranty, hopefully I am posting in the right place.

I have had Bachmann built engines running on my layout for a while, and I am always happy with the results, but as of recently, I have had a number of them break down after long years of running (some of them 30+ years!) and would like to know the following

1. Does Bachmann require any sort of paper work or do I just send my locomotive in?

2. Can I send more then one locomotive at a time? I have a 2-10-4 santa fe in pennsy livery, and 2 Union Pacific DD40s along with some smaller locos'

3. When I ship my item, do I just add $15 in the box as payment or is there another process?

Any help is much appreciated,

Torpedo423

Joe323

1. Does Bachmann require any sort of paper work or do I just send my locomotive in?

Yes a letter explaining the problem.  If it is still under warranty your purchase receipt.

2. Can I send more then one locomotive at a time? I have a 2-10-4 santa fe in pennsy livery, and 2 Union Pacific DD40s along with some smaller locos'

I have no idea never tried this.

3. When I ship my item, do I just add $15 in the box as payment or is there another process?

I put a check in the box payable to bachmann industries.

Joe

hawaiiho

I strongly suggest calling Bachmann Customer Service prior to sending the units. They are very nice folks and more than willing

to assist their customers.

Describe each unit and it's  problem(s) and they will give you your options(repair, replace, etc.) and any charges.

I had no problem at all shipping several units at a time.

I was instructed to include a letter summarizing our telephone discussion and a check for the total amount required. 

One additional comment. They are very busy, so be prepared to be patient.

the Bach-man

Dear 423,
By all means call the service department first. They'll guide you through the process.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ABC

Being that these locos are older these fees will apply:$15.00 All standard non-DCC locos
and $25.00 Standard DCC and Spectrum N and HO. Also, if your 2-10-4 or DDA40Xs are not repairable and need to be replaced there is an additional fee to upgrade to DCC since the locos you sent in did not have DCC and the current versions are only available with DCC, this fee is about $40-$50 per loco, but an alternate option is asking what locos you can get without an additional fee and these are typically standard line DC diesels.