News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Chinese QJ 2-10-2 6 Wheel Tender

Started by hobbyhaven, May 27, 2007, 02:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbyhaven

Will the Chinese QJ 2-10-2 with 6 Wheel Tenders be available in the US this year? The reason I am asking is the IAIS has aquired 2 of these beasts and I have several customers interested in this item.

Thanks
Tom

the Bach-man

Dear Tom,
I've been requesting this, but, to date, the answer seems to be no...
I'll ask again.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ap0317ah

who would want that over a us heavy mike. no offence

a 1920's Baltimore & Ohio modeler

oldline1

The Chinese QJ and SY engines are a refreshing change from a steady diet of USRA types. Don't get me wrong.......I think the USRA engines were pretty nice looking and were an obvious success but as far as models goes I think we could use some relief from every manufacturer doing them. There are so many more likely candidates out there for reproduction so why always do the USRA's when they've been done to death? How about some smaller Mikes (SY-ish), Pacifics, 4-6-0's and more smaller 2-8-0's?

The Chinese SY CAN BE Americanized to look very nice with only a few easy changes. I'm sure the QJ could too. Both models are excellent runners and well worth the money.

PLEASE...........NO MORE USRA ENGINES!!!!!!!

My 2¢
Roger

hobbyhaven

I can't believe that they won't be imported...talk about missing the boat. With the Iowa Interstate getting 2 of these beasts with the option of getting 3 more, nearly every IAIS fan in the midwest wants a set of them.

I guess I will have to tell my customers they are on there own, and will have to give the money to someone else.

A big thanks to Bachmann USA for supporting its dealers.

Tom
Hobby Haven

Hamish K

Quote from: ap0317ah on May 28, 2007, 04:39:29 PM
who would want that over a us heavy mike. no offence

Given that Bachmann China already make this loco importing a batch modified to resemble those in US service would be a lot cheaper than developing a new model. Therefore it is not a question of it being an alternative to a new US model. I am sure that Bachmann would not develop a Chinese tourist loco primarily for the US market, but to modify a loco produced primarily for the Chinese market to resemble one in US service makes sense. It was done for the SY, so it seems surprising  it is not being done for the QJ.

Bachmann does seem to have appointed another company (Models 11) as US dealer/distributer for the overseas Bachmann ranges (UK, German i.e. Liliput and China). QJs are listed on their website (Chinese versions of course). This could help the individual, but may  not help dealers such as Hobyhaven.

Hamish