News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

silence is golden

Started by ripley manor, May 29, 2010, 07:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripley manor

late Friday night I got home after five twelve hour shifts filled with diesel roar, brake squeal, cab chatter, tower announcements, gps upload/download etc etc. sitting on my kitchen table was a box from Mariostrains.com It was my new WBB Missouri Pacific BL2. took it out of the box, lubed the axles and gears. put it on the track pulling ten weaver freight cars and let it run for the next three hours. the sound of steel wheels on tinplate track was sheer heaven! for people like myself who work in the real world of transportation all the model bells and whistles are a real pain. I just want a loco that will work out of the box and work for the next twenty years with a lube job. WBB does that well. that is why I have 26 WBB locos.

Joe Satnik

Dear RM,

Sounds like fun.  Pictures, please?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ripley manor

have not gotten around to buying a digital camera. keep spending the money on trains! will see if I can talk one of the grandkids into taking some pictures when they visit later this summer.

Bill Mutch

I couldn't agree more! I work construction and I love the quiet of Williams trains. I can't remember the last time I ran the other brands and thats another problem. Williams by Bachmann run first time and every time out of the box!

DominicMazoch

And you don't have to worry about WBB engines going down the track for six feet and going into Gomez Addams mode:  Boards blowing up!

Cobrabob8

"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

r0gruth

You do not need pictures to not hear the extra noise.

The wheels on the rails is just great.

Roger
Roger

DominicMazoch

Once I was in Robstown TX, and a Tex-Mex train was crossing the UP.  The rails made a sound in the crosiing that no sound system could improve upon.  And hearing the sounds of trains over O-31 and O22 switches cannot be beat!

ripley manor

Did it again. Friday night a box from mariostrains.com was on the kitchen table when I got home. got my third berkshire. Nickel Plate Road this time. watching those long siderods slowly move as it pulled six passenger cars on to the main was pure joy. the value for money just cannot be beat. and the wonderfull sound of silence!

DominicMazoch

I don't have a WBB Berk, but I do have a Lionel 726.  Can undersand your live of Berks!