News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Village Street Car problems

Started by cleobeagle, October 11, 2010, 09:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleobeagle

I recently acquired a used 25011 set. The trolley would not move so I took it apart and found that by loosening the mounting screws on motor assembly it would run but has little power (will not move when body put back on). Voltage to track is 7.4 v.  Have cleaned all contacts, track, etc. New motor needed? Also, instructions says one section of track is an activator track for reversing. Set has 3 straight tracks but all look the same-like regular track. Are activator sections available separately?  Thanks

Stevelewis

When  you say it  has little  power  do  you mean  it  runs   slowly?

Is  7.4V the  maximum  voltage  you  have available?

These items  are  rated up to  12v DC  so   I  would  try  it on a higher voltage  before thinking of  changing  the  motor!!

Hope  this  helps. 
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

cleobeagle

Thanks for reply, Steve-   The voltage on this set is fixed at 7.5 volts- no varible speed. Motor runs with no load, but as soon as load added (streetcar body) it won't move.

Stevelewis

Can you  remove the  motor  from the  chassis  and  see if  the  chassis  moves  fairly  freely?

Could  be that  the chassis needs freeing up a bit.

The 7.5V would normally  make  the  car  run  at  a  reasonable medium speed  the  higher  voltage  I suggested  earleir  would make  it go  like  the  'clappers '   (Thats an  english  term  for  rsther  fast!!!)
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

jfairbank

Mine >:( is doing the same thing.  I sent back the trolley thinking it was that.  But the trolley returned to me does the same thing.  If I put the trolley on a track controlled by a higher tranformer the trolley works fine.  I haver cleaned the track and at all connections it just doesn't seem to be getting any power??