News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2

Started by ChrisS, June 25, 2010, 12:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

Wholesale Trains has them for $250 with sound and $200 without.

Harold

dutchbuilder

I bought a 2-6-6-2 from the favorite spot a few months ago for somewhat more than half quoted price , so that made me verry happy.
It runs beautifully and the tsunami sound is perfect.
The only "problem" i had is finding fireman fred.
He seemes to be on vacation! ;D

Dutchbuilder The netherlands

radar

I got mine in March it ran &the sound was great, however it just didn't look like it belonged with the rest of my locos. I Have Bachmann 2-8-0s, 4-6-0s &
BWL 2-8-0s. Setting next to a 4-6-0 or a 2-8-0 it just didn't look right!
The engineer on a 4-6-0 could spit down the stack as it went past!!
I grew up on the B&O main line in the 50's watching EM-1s so my perspective of what a Mallet should look like maybe a little distorted.
That's why I sold it.

Stevelewis

Just  noticed this  thread    re  the  2-6-6-2  I have  a  couple of  these here in  the  UK, Currently  HATTONS in Liverpool  are  selling  NON sound ones  for  JUST  £127 very few  left  they  also  have  SOUND  SHAY  at  £139 I got  one  of  those  too  along  with  a  SOUND climax  for  £145, those are  sold  out  though,

I also buy  from  Micro Mark NY ocassionally  had  some  good  prices  there  also  which  work out cheaper  than UK prices  for  some  items  even  after  shipping to  UK  and other  charges!!
Hope  this  helps

Steve
North Wales.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

ChrisS

Does anyone know if the cv's in the factory sound equipped are the standard tsunami sound cv's? Meaning is cv 129 bell volume like on my tsu 1000 decoder?

ScottyB

Quote from: ChrisS on November 20, 2010, 12:13:28 AM
Does anyone know if the cv's in the factory sound equipped are the standard tsunami sound cv's? Meaning is cv 129 bell volume like on my tsu 1000 decoder?

The CVs are slightly different on the OEM version, since it has fewer features than the full blown TSU 1000.  But the volume CVs I'm pretty sure are all the same.  Bell is CV 130 on the OEM version.  Whistle is CV 129.  Same as the TSU 1000.  Looking for one in particular?

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

ChrisS

Nope Scott
You answered what I needed. Thanks much