News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yard Sale Stuff

Started by MrMunchkin, May 20, 2007, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMunchkin

I went to a couple of yard (junk) sales yesterday and here's what I found:

Bachmann Orient Express set, the loco was in ok shape as were the passenger cars but over all the rest of it was pretty rough, I didn't go for it as the price, at $90, seemed too far from what I would be willing to pay ($20, for somethihg that I didn't need) to have come to any meeting of the minds.

a pile of 42 Model Railroader mags from the 40s and 50s, all in good shape, I bought them all (of coarse) for $30 (apx $.72 each) I love looking through these things, but it's funny seeing articles about prototype steam locos that say what they ARE used for, instead of what they WERE used for.

a perfect condition, and working, Kustom 250 bass head from around 1973,  that's my other hobby (paid $15 for that one)

Conrail Quality

Quote from: MrMunchkin on May 20, 2007, 08:45:23 AM
I went to a couple of yard (junk) sales yesterday and here's what I found:

a pile of 42 Model Railroader mags from the 40s and 50s, all in good shape, I bought them all (of coarse) for $30 (apx $.72 each) I love looking through these things, but it's funny seeing articles about prototype steam locos that say what they ARE used for, instead of what they WERE used for.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have an Atlas wiring book, circa 1971, which I skim through now and then. It's interesting seeing things like cab control and reverse-loop wiring. How great it is to be living in the DCC era.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Paul M.

Man! I wish I found that kinda stuff at a yard sale!

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

LD303

Yard sales, flea markets and my favs...auctions, can yield some truly awesome stuff!!   that $90 for a used set in rough shape was a bit much....I'd never pay more than $20 for a set in excellent shape,  so you did good.

SteamGene

I assume the train set and the MRs were on different yards.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

MrMunchkin

yea, but they were right across the street from each other, the guys ran an ad together that said they had some RR stuff and that's why I went, the Kustom amp was at the same one that had the mags, I've now read allmost every word in those magazines, it's amazing how fast I can go through em.   P.M.