Status of the "California, Oregon Coast Railroad" co.

Started by dave2-8-0, June 27, 2010, 01:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave2-8-0

I'm finally expanding my RR and needed more E-Z Air turnout motors, only to find out at their web site "WE ARE CLOSED".   Does any one know whats up?  And is there any hope of again having access to there products, and does any one know of any substitute or replacement?

Thanks
Dave Taylor
New Mexico Northern Rail Road

JerryB

Dave:

The owner, Stretch Manly closed C&OCRR late last year. Reports say he suffered some medical problems and that the current economy was tough enough that he couldn't stay open. Too bad, as Stretch was a great supplier.

There have been a couple of announcements that he might reopen, but that seems to be wishful thinking for the moment.

Most of the products he represented are available through other suppliers or direct from the manufacturers.

Stretch is also the owner and manufacturer of the EAZE Air line and has recently announced that those fine pneumatic switch machines will continue to be available. Very recently, RLD Hobbies http://rldhobbies.com/ have announced that they are now dealers for EAZE Air and for Llagas Creek track. Only headers with no information on their website at the moment, but use the link to get their contact phone number or email address, and give them a call.

Let us know what Robbie at RLD says about the EAZE Air availability.
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

dave2-8-0

GREAT NEWS...  The ez-air line of switch motors and assoc. parts and etc.  are still available..  Robbie at RLD hobbies (1-877-753-4629) assured me that he can still get them, but the delivery may be slower then normal.

Mr. Manley with COCRR has in fact had some health issues, but he is shipping product.

Dave Taylor
New Mexico Northern Rail Road

JerryB

Dave:

Thanks for the report!

I am just installing the last of the EAZE Air controls I have in stock, and hope to build a new wye and siding this summer, so will need some additional ones.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources