News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need Help Identifying This Large Scale

Started by napa15, June 28, 2010, 12:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napa15

Hi all,

I've got a large scale set I bought maybe 6 or 7 years ago (something like that). I don't have the original box any longer but need help identifying this as a Bachmann set, or not. I think it is, but can not find anything about this exact set doing a Google search. My question is, is it a Bachmann set? I think it is. It's got Virginia & Truckee livery.

Pictures below.

Loco Bill

It is a Bachmann Set.  Your set is #90035 The Prospector which came out in 1999.  There were four V&T Sets but only the Prospector and the special run Prospector for OSH came with the black coal burner 4-6-0. 

If your combine has an OSH logo on it the set was a special run in 2002 just for Orchard Supply Hardware for their 70th Anniversary. Otherwise the two sets are exactly the same.

In both sets the 4-6-0 has the latest Version 5 Chassis and should give you great service. 

The green full baggage car is not from the Prospector set, but it is also Bachamnn.

Enjoy your set!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

napa15

WOW! That was way more detailed than I ever could have expected. :) I did forget to mention about the green baggage car. I bought that last year. I'll check the details see exactly which set this is. Either way thank you very much for the info.