News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

expanding my layout

Started by crawler182, June 29, 2010, 10:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franz T

Quote from: crawler182 on June 30, 2010, 02:46:34 PM
thanks, im extending my layout by adding 2 siding and maybe making the oval, twist and turn a little, nothing super super big, im more confused on how to wire the accessory's into another power pack

Oh, you're fine in that case, you won't need any extra track feeders*, just make sure all your rail joiners are tight (they conduct current and are the culprit in the case of power loss more often than one would think..)

*do keep in mind if you are using E-Z track turnout that they are power routing and require feeders at the point end..

Also, check out www.nscale.org , the people there are always ready to help you with ANY question you might have.

Franz T

Quote from: crawler182 on June 29, 2010, 11:04:30 PM
t would i tap into it and run extra wires to the extra accessory's?

Yes. that would exactly be the way to do it

" the problem is with too many accessory's wouldn't the circuit keep breaking and the track would lose to much power?"

Since you are unlikely to throw more than two turnouts at the same time (in the case of a cross-over), that should not be a problem. If you DO notice a drop in train speed when you throw a switch. THAT would be the time to consider going to two separate power packs, one for accessories and one for the train....

crawler182

franz t i can't thank you enough, that's exactly what i was looking for!
i can't state enough, all i needed was a simple solution and you provided, thank you so much

so on the speed controller where it say's accessory's output all i have to do is, instead of only haveing one accessory tap into it and run 2 from it?

Franz T

Exactly. That is all you need to do. Sorry to be so roundabout in explaining it...

crawler182

don't apologize!  :-\
i actually learned something!