News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 sound

Started by charon, July 05, 2010, 09:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charon

Anybody installed a sound sysytem in a 2-6-6-2?  I tried the search engine, but noyhing came up.  Would like how-to for installation, loco to be run on my DC layout.
Thanks for any info.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

charon

Hasn't anybody installed a sound system in the Bachmann 2-6-6-2?
I went to the Phoenix site and tried to download an installation manual that I thought might be appropriate, but my computer keeps telling me that it cant be shown because it doesn't know what program created it.
Any help here would be appreciated.  I really would like to add one of these to my roster, but not without sound.
Mr. Bach Man;
How's chances of selling these with factiry sound like my three truck shay which runs and sounds great.
Thanks,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Tony Walsham

Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Kevin Strong

The Phoenix manuals are .pdf files, so if you don't have Adobe's Acrobat Reader, you can download it from Adobe for free. If you're on a PC, make sure the filename has the ".pdf" extension on it. If it doesn't have that, the PC sometimes freaks out a bit and doesn't know where to look to open it. If you're on a Mac, then it should open under "Preview" if you don't have Acrobat Reader installed.

Regardless, it's not difficult to install. The 2-6-6-2 has the "socket," so all your connections that you'll need to wire to the Phoenix board are easily found. When you buy the Phoenix, it comes with the installation manual that also has the diagrams inside. You need to do nothing to the on-board electronics of the 2-6-6-2, save for tapping into the motor output to provide that to the sound board. Everything else is plugged into the Phoenix board (volume control switch, programming interface plug (if desired), speaker, external power battery--for providing sounds when track voltage is low, and magnetic triggers for sounds if you want to trigger them off of track magnets.

Later,

K

charon

Kevin and Tony;
Many Thanks.  Your answers are exactly what I was looking for.
I appreciate the two of you taking the time to help me out.
Happy Bachmanning;
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line