1982 "Zenith Video Express" Limited Edition

Started by moskimo, July 02, 2010, 03:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moskimo

I was just given a 1982 "Zenith Video Express" Limited Edition electric train set.  Does anyone have any idea what something like this is worth?

Jim Banner

If this is something given to you by a good friend or a relative, then it may well have a great deal of sentimental value.  But if it is just something you you want to sell on eBay, I suspect you will be disappointed at how little cash value it has.

I just checked on eBay but could not find anything listed as "Zenith Video Express."  I did, however, find a Zenith Employee train set by Lionel, their number 11827, which is listed on eBay at $295 Buy It Now, and a second one at $350 Buy It Now.  One of the listings claims a book price (book unspecified) of $750.  I assume this is NOT the set you have as you have enquired on the Bachmann Industries website, but just in case it is ...

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ABC

Quote from: moskimo on July 02, 2010, 03:51:57 PM
I was just given a 1982 "Zenith Video Express" Limited Edition electric train set.  Does anyone have any idea what something like this is worth?
It is worth next to nothing and would not even sell on Ebay. I checked completed listings and about five have been listed in the past few months and none have sold. All but one had an opening bid of $0.99 or less and shipping of $5 or less, so after you figure for Ebay and PayPal fees, you will end up losing money.