Bachmann #62995 N Scale Streamline Trolley (PTC)

Started by UPWilly, July 02, 2010, 08:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPWilly

I have what was represented to be a new #62995 (and it did arrive with all the documents in the standard display box in apparent new condition). I have found on other forums comments about the white plastic gears cracking and I suspect the gear design to be the explanation of the very noisy operation. What, if anything, is the resolution for this problem ?
Keep on trackin' :)

the Bach-man

Dear Willy,
If your trolley has a gear problem we'll replace it. Give the service department a call Tuesday.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

UPWilly

Dear Bach-man,

I believe I found where the problem is. Please confirm: The gear box is built so low that, using Atlas Code 80 track (with ties), the gears run on the ties. I admit that street cars normally do not have exposed ties, but I would think that, in inter-urban connections, the roadbed would have ties. (Or is it that I need code 100 track?)

Best Regards,
UPWilly

UPWilly

Dear Bach-man,

Ignore my previous message about clearance on Atlas code 80 track. I was not looking at it correctly - the clearance is fine. I'll contact the service department about the gears.

Best Regards,
UPWilly

UPWilly

While getting impatient waiting for the trucks to become available again (part #9004), I re-examined the gears on the trolley and, sure enough, the gears are split on the wheel axles. !@#$%$#@#$%^^&
If I could only get Bachmann to mail me a set of replacement wheels or gears, I could fix this my self, saving the cost of shipping to the service department and making me a more satisfied Bachmann customer (don't you think?). Hmmm - am I just venting or will this produce results?

I am beginning to suspect that what was advertised on eBay as a new item was actually a repackaged item another seller bought from SunnysWarehouse.

Keep on trackin'
:'(

ABC

I wouldn't doubt that the original buyer returned the item due to the issues present. I would call the service department tomorrow, if you send the proof of purchase (receipt and warranty card) they would likely send you the parts.

UPWilly

Thank you, ABC, for your prompt attention to my problem. I will attempt sending the proof of purchase and warranty card facsimile via email or by regular mail.

Keep on trackin'