News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

japanese shinkansen N models

Started by VOLTS, July 04, 2010, 04:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLTS

greetings,

can anyone provide me shinkansen (bullet trains) models by Kato, Tomix and other train sets currently in use by japan and their lines? when it comes to N scale, will the tracks be used by other shinkansen models? because i'm planning to get 1 complete set of the shinkansen say the N700 with tracks and the others will be the 4 set loco with coaches without tracks.

will it also be applicable to the other electric locos used by japan in N scale? are the tracks of the shinkansen no different from the tracks of the electric locos in N scale?

thankyou
volts

skipgear

N gauge is N gauge everywhere - 9mm between the rails.

N scale however is not the same. Japanesse N scale is 1:150, British N scale is 1:148, and US N scale is 1:160.

All N scale equipment will run on all N gauge track. The only issue you need to be warry of is curve radius. Bullet trains are not going to do well on 9 3/4" radius curves. Kato uses 15" I believe in their sets.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

r0bert

PRRnTX

also take a look at Wikipedia for prototype Shinkansen info....

dtpowell

Quote from: r0bert on July 04, 2010, 10:31:15 PM
I get all my stuuf from japan from this dealer.
http://stores.ebay.com/Plaza-Japan__W0QQ_sidZ169030440?_nkw=shinkansen&submit=Search

Volts,

I've purchased several Japanese models and trains sets from this Ebay dealer too! Prices are very reasonable and shipping from Osaka is about a week to Ohio. If they have what you're looking for. I don't think you'll go wrong.

Dave