News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Who made this PART?

Started by bevernie, May 20, 2007, 08:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

To all,

I agree with Rich, I buy the best quality at the lowest price, I am a pure capitalist. I always weigh the demishing return of the very best products, they are often not worth the extra money, 5% better for 20% more cost.

I do not accept stereotypes like,

Stuff made in China is junk,

Japanese cars are better than American cars,

Buying American keeps jobs here,

Rich is also right about the feared effects of these things, first it is out of ANYONES control, there are too amny different forces at work, know one can predict thwe outcomes, so why worry about it?

Everytime I buy a Bachmann loco or Athearn freight car that says "Made in China", I remember these facts, the people in china need to eat too, better they earn it than to have the US send them aid and its not my fault American workers all think there worth a mint and that the US government taxes and regulates business right out of being competitive.

I decide how much of my money to spend on luxuries like model trains, then I shop to maximize the buying power of that money. I would much rather have 5 Bachmann 4-8-2's at $120.00 each than only have one $600.00 brass one

Sheldon

lanny

Quote from: Atlantic Central on May 26, 2007, 09:40:52 PM
I decide how much of my money to spend on luxuries like model trains, then I shop to maximize the buying power of that money. I would much rather have 5 Bachmann 4-8-2's at $120.00 each than only have one $600.00 brass one

Sheldon

I am in total agreement with this comment, (though there are times I wish I could afford brass!;D) as well as other points made by Sheldon and Rich.

lanny nicolet   
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

bevernie

Quote from: Atlantic Central on May 26, 2007, 09:40:52 PM
To all,

I agree with Rich, I buy the best quality at the lowest price, I am a pure capitalist. I always weigh the demishing return of the very best products, they are often not worth the extra money, 5% better for 20% more cost.

I do not accept stereotypes like,

Stuff made in China is junk,

Japanese cars are better than American cars,

Buying American keeps jobs here,

Rich is also right about the feared effects of these things, first it is out of ANYONES control, there are too amny different forces at work, know one can predict thwe outcomes, so why worry about it?

Everytime I buy a Bachmann loco or Athearn freight car that says "Made in China", I remember these facts, the people in china need to eat too, better they earn it than to have the US send them aid and its not my fault American workers all think there worth a mint and that the US government taxes and regulates business right out of being competitive.

Sheldon

WAIT A MINUTE!! I'm still not fully recuperated, but here we have PROOF POSITIVE that BACHMANN is NOT made in CHINA, for SHELDON has just said, "Stuff made in China is junk."!! Unless you want to call BACHMANN "JUNK", we are all expecting that you should apologize and reconsider that BACHMANN  is made (manufactured and assembled) in PENNSYLVANIA, and NOT in CHINA!!!!!!!!
     THANK YOU, Shelon, for proving my point!
                                                                                                 Ernie
                                                                                      Hendersonville, NC
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Matt Bumgarner

Read it again Ernie- slowly. Sheldon does NOT say what you said he says.

His words were-in fact the opposite-  " I do not accept stereotypes like stuff made in China is junk."

That means, clearly, that some stuff made in China is in fact, not junk. I wish it were, as my manufacturing company competes with them on a daily basis. By the same token, we also buy from China, as I can get the same quality part from the Chinese at nearly HALF the price of my former USA supplier. As much as I want to buy American 100% of the time, my competition harbors no such sentiment, and I would be out of business very quickly if I did not adapt.

bevernie

So, Matt, you are reiterating what Woody said, that my BACHMANN trains are, in fact, made in CHINA?? Oh, I feel a relapse coming on!! My nerves can't take much more! This is worse than driving my truck in downtown Atlanta, GA., during rush hour!! Now, there are TWO who actually think that BACHMANN is part of CHINA!! Somebody set them straight!!
   Mr. B, PLEASE!!!! Tell them that PHILADELPHIA, PA. is still in the good ole U.S. of A.!! Something like this would happen on a holiday weekend, when there is no one who is recognized as an authority available to set the record straight before thousands, the world over, are misguided and taken by this absurd idea!! This is terrible!!!
  Brothers and Sisters!!!! You who never post anything on this forum, please, tell these misguided ones the truth!! Lives are at stake!! What about the many souls who work for BACHMANN?? Should they get wind of this, they might think it GOSPEL, and think that they are now, by some strange miracle, actually in CHINA!!What would that do to our already confused roadways, when these employees get out intending to go back to the U.S.??
  Oh, my nerves!! I can't take it!!
                                                                                           Ernie
                                                                               Hendersonville, NC
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Matt Bumgarner

Ernie,

Slow down and take the time to actually read the post rather than reading something into it that is not there.

I am not re-iterating anything. I merely stated that you were wrong- terribly wrong- in quoting Sheldon.

Matt

SteamGene

Ernie,
You are either being sarcastic, and doing it rather poorly, or you really need to invest in "Hooked on Phonics." 
Sorry.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

Ernie;
Understand first that what Sheldon says is his opinion-and as such is his right to say so.  Besides, if you have strong opinions about the way the economics are structures, there is always the idea of you buying a used Bridgeport, acquiring some tooling skills, and making whatever yo uwant-right here in the good ole' US of A!
As I said earlier on, economics as it may have once been, shall never be able to be again; in short, no one country will ever have any market cornered.  Cmdr Sam Deeley, Skipper of the submarine "Barb" once said, "Nothing is foolproof".  Deeley was right.
Life has always been an issue of adaptation-of which humans possess a keen ability to do.  We will muddle through here, I am sure.

RIch 
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

the Bach-man

Dear Ernie,
The Bachmann home offices are in Philadelphia, and the equipment is made in China.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hunt

Quote from: the Bach-man on May 27, 2007, 11:57:26 PM
Dear Ernie,
The Bachmann home offices are in Philadelphia, and the equipment is made in China.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Erine,
For the rest of the story… here are some reading assignments for you.

Bachmann company history â€" click http://www.bachmann.co.uk/home.php4
Note -- 1984, Kader acquired the Bachmann Company in its entirety

Info on Kader (located in Hong Kong) click -- http://www.bachmannindustries.com/

Here is another reality for you -- Bachmann USA in headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Bach-man does not work in Bachmann’s Headquarters. Further more he does not even live in Pennsylvania. That is but one reason why he advises all to contact the Service Dept, which is in Philadelphia, PA.

tomcat623

Ernie, What are you smokin? Send me some! lol

oldline1

Quote from: the Bach-man on May 27, 2007, 11:57:26 PM
Dear Ernie,
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Bachmann...............I kinda think Ernie doesn't know how to have fun or could accept the value of fun if he did! This is the strangest post topic I've seen on any board!

Roger

Bojangle

Roger, Roger, over and out.  I read the whole thread.  Excuse me while I pick my lower jaw off the floor.

Bo

Virginian

At least Cheney was trying to get work for Americans.  :-)
"What could have happened... did."

renniks

To sum up:-

Bachmann is a Chinese owned company.

The offices in Philadelphia are those of Bachmann US

The offices of Bachmann UK ("makers" of the Branchline range)are in England.

Not sure where the offices of Bachmann Europe are sited; probably also in England seeing that Bach UK bought out some of the failing European makers along with the Graham Farish N gauge range.

Eric UK