News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Engine Arizona

Started by tlnibert, July 06, 2010, 12:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlnibert

A few weeks ago I was headed to the Grand Canyon, when I caught a glance of an engine.
I think I was in Flagstaff. I had planed on taking picture on my return, but I didn't see it.
Could I have seen a 2-6-6-2. It was a very quick look, but Sumpter Valley came to mind.
We did get to Durango, a thrill of a life time
Tom

az2rail

It is a 2-6-6-2, engine number 12, it has a 8-wheel  dog-house tender. The owner was the "Southwest Lumber Mills Inc." company. They hauled trees from Allen lake to Flagstaff. Alan lake is about 35-40 miles south of Flagstaff.

I tried to post pictures, but apparently my file is to large.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Chuck N

My recollection is that the Flagstaff engine is standard gauge.  The Sumpter Valley (ex-Uintah) is narrow gauge.

That is a neat engine.  It is on the way out of town just before you get to the Museum of Northern Arizona.

Chuck

tlnibert

Thanks guys, I wish I had taken a few pictures. This would be a great engine for Bachmann to build in G
Tom

tlnibert

If anyone one has pictures send them to tlnibert(at)hotmail.com

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

tlnibert

Joe, you just made my day.  We just return from vacation, we saw the Dallas and St Louis Big Boys and rode the Durango and Silverton. We're going soon to PA to look at trains and the Baltimore B&O Museum.
My layout has been over taken with weeds I should have it running by next week about 1500 ft.
Thanks again
Tom