Bachmann B60102 DCC equipped Diesel locomotive

Started by allstate8114093292, July 12, 2010, 04:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allstate8114093292

Hi all.  I know this is an unusual question, but I have to ask.

Being as I am just getting into all types of model trains (less expensive models and types) after many years, I have decided that until I get my temporary layout set up soon, I won't be ready for DCC, and so I am wondering if anyone on here knows how to disable the DCC.

I want to to this for awhile mainly because I have a few other DC locos that I want to run that I would like to temporarily disable this one.

Seems like I say something somewhere that said you had to take out some components and put in a jumper.  Could be way off.

Would appreciate whatever help I can get.

Jack

richg

Some come with a 6 or 8 pin jumper in the box. Mine have. Might have been six pins. Have not seen the jumpers in some time.

The diagrams that come with the loco sometimes show the jumper but might not really spell it out.

I searched the products section for B60102 but did not find anything. What is the "real" loco name?

Rich

richg

Ok, I figured it out. It is a 60102 F unit. The diagram does not show much of anything.
The Product Reference on this page for 60102 shows only, Digital PCB.

Take some time to study all this page as there is info that might help in the future. The decoder info is under EZ Command to the left. Many miss a lot of info on this apge.

Rich

pipefitter

Is this your loco? It has a hard wired - not plugged decoder. (I have several of these locos). It is designed to run on either DC or DCC without any modifications. I run mine on regular DC and the run just fine, smooth and quiet. I too have a lot of DC only loco's.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1185

Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

ABC

You can only disable the DCC decoder's DCC running with a DCC system. With these locos the decoder is in the board, so you can't simply install jumpers, but they run alright on DC with the decoder, but would run somewhat better on DC without the decoder installed, unfortunately there is not much you can do, as long as it is running fine for you like the axiom goes... don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

allstate8114093292

Hi all.  Rich, Robert, thanks for your comebacks.  I am much enlightened by them.

Plus, I have to apologize for reposting this.  Just realized I asked basically the same questions on June 14, 10.  For the information on that posting, I also have to thank ABC, Jim B, Joe323, and Robert (pipefitter).  

For all of the above information on this engine, a big thanks to all.

Jack

allstate8114093292

Robert, that is the exact engine I have.  Appreciate your help. Thanks very much.

Jack

Quote from: pipefitter on July 12, 2010, 05:20:12 PM
Is this your loco? It has a hard wired - not plugged decoder. (I have several of these locos). It is designed to run on either DC or DCC without any modifications. I run mine on regular DC and the run just fine, smooth and quiet. I too have a lot of DC only loco's.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1185