Up Date Kadee for the Baldwin 2-6-6-2 Saddle Tank

Started by macappin, June 26, 2010, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macappin

Hi  I would like to convert my 2-6-6-2 couplers to Kadees. Can anyone suggest a conversion or suitable replacement.

Thanks Peter

Just in case you have missed it Kadee have released a Large Scale coupler 916 to fit the Bachmann Shank. I also understand the Scale 1 is almost ready

Peter

Jon D. Miller

Peter,
Contact Sam at Kadee and he'll be able to help you.  E-mail is mail@kadee.com or 541-826-3883.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Tom Lapointe

Be interesting to see what conversion they suggest - my 2-6-6-2T is the only loco I'm currently running that is NOT Kadee equipped (even my live-steamers have Kadees mounted), been scratching my head a bit about exactly how to go about it.  ;)  Peter, if they do get back to you, please post their suggested conversion here.   :)    Tom

macappin

An update from Kadee.

'We are actually working on a coupler with a shank to mount onto the Bachmann arm and it may be finished in a couple of months.

With that long arm and the huge over hang It would be very challenging to mount a coupler box near the front, you'd have to run on extremely large radius curves because of the over hang causing the coupler to swing so far outward.

Sam Clarke
Kadee Quality Products'

So we will just have to be patient

Tom Lapointe

Thanks for posting that information from Kadee, Peter!  8) Sounds like it will be worthwhile to be patient a bit. ;). Tom