News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reverse Direction

Started by GerryP, July 11, 2010, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GerryP

i am unable to put my locomotive in reverse.  the switch on the transformer does nothing.  any thoughts?

ABC

What scale and what loco?

NarrowMinded

Couple of questions, have you tried placing the loco on the track facing the oposite direction? Does it still run forward? Is it DC or dcc? If it's DC and it runs in reverse when switched around it is likely your power supply direction switch. Can you control the speed forward? You may have the wires connected to the wrong terminals on the supply. Does it make any noise when switched in reverse?

NM

Jim Banner

I am going to start off by assuming you really are using a transformer (which puts out ac) and not a power pack (which puts out dc.)  If so, then I hope your trains run on 3 rail track.  Many ac trains reverse when you turn the speed to zero and then turn it back up.  Some cannot run in reverse at all.  And some add dc to the ac to switch to reverse.  And some locomotives equipped with DCC decoders may run in one direction if run on ac.  It would be easier to help you with your problem if you could tell us who manufactured your locomotive and transformer plus anything else that can help identify them.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

GerryP

i had to exchange power packs as there was a problem with the polarity in the original one.  working just fine now with the new transformer.  thanks for all your replies.