Have you recently built your first Garden Railway?

Started by Bucksco, July 13, 2010, 04:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

Have you recently built your first Garden Railroad? If so Bachmann would like to interview you. Let us know if you would like to talk to us about your experience.

Udo

Hello Mr. Lynch,
In the moment I only have some "temporary" layout due to often changing the location of work.
So, if you are interested in my experience with your locos (K27, 2-6-6-2, Davenport, 4-4-0 American, Industrial Mogul), contact me via my private E-mail
"udohoffmann@ymail.com"

Udo

Alex Butner

I, too have a temporary layout, but you can contact me and ask me about my experience with big haulers trains and I can be asked about my experience with Bachmann On30 sets.

David

Jack,

I've just built my first garden railroad and am in the process of getting it ready for my first club open house. I run all Bachmann Spectrum locomotives and a mix of Bachmann, AMS, and Hartford Products rolling stock. I'd be happy to talk to you about my experiences.

Regards
Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

Doneldon

I'm more building than built and it's indoors rather than in the garden but I'd be happy to help any way I can. 

doneldon@comcast.net

Dave

I have been building mine for the past 3 years and still have a little more track to lay and some bridges to build on the inside track. Am running Bachmann Loco's and Rolling Stock and some scratch built Logging Equipment, Its not a huge Railway but I have built it up approx 2ft to 2ft 6in to make it easier for the future Live Steam Dream. If you need photos I can E'mail them, not sure how to put pics on the Forum. Am using 1:24th as it fits in with our 3ft6in gauge here in New Zealand.

Cheers

Dave
                                       Waikino
                                          New Zealand

VirginiaCentral

Hi Jack, I wouldn't say that my garden RR is 'recently built' but it is an on-going operation and I would be glad to talk to Bachmann about my experiences.  I have plenty of projects that keep me busy making improvements and changes to my layout.  I believe my RR is a good example of what can be built in a relatively small space as it has to share my backyard with my tool shed, my wife's vegetable and flower gardens, my hot tub, and my patio! The good news for me is that I don't have very much grass to cut back there!

Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, Va.
Home of the Virginia Railway Museum featuring N&W class M2 locomotive #1134 and (of course) my Big Sandy & Cumberland Gardern Railroad
eph52 "at" verizon "dot" net
Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"

RBMN #425 Fan

Mine's nearly done (i've been working on it for 5-6 years :o)
i have a big hauler, lgb 2-4-0, lionel thomas(i hope i get a bachmann one soon ::)) and my newest an ART Eggliner :)
Railroad name: the North Pole and Southern  :) ;) :D ;D
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

Ron Grau

Hello Jack Lynch,

My wife & I completed our first garden railroad about 6 months ago.
We are willing to volunteer for your interview.

Our railroad is about 25 feet x 25 feet around part of our back yard.
We have converted our yard to a rock and cactus garden.
We have named our railroad the "Cactus Gulch".
The theme is a western narrow gauge railroad "loosely" modeling the
Carson & Colorado and Southern Pacific narrow gauge.
The time period is early 1900's.
At present, we only have one locomotive, the Bachmann outside frame 2-8-0,
about 12 freight cars, and roughly 6 structures.  But we are growing!

Ron Grau

Bucksco

Thanks everybody. We're looking over the replies we've received and will be contacting some of you soon.

tlnibert

I'm rebuilding a large layout, I have two extra men helping me. I just came in from checking the tunnel with the new Bachmann caboose. The tunnel roof had to be raised a little.  I have 3 K-27, the finest engine I've yet to own. The layout went unused for many years and we're pretty much starting over.
Tom

RBMN #425 Fan

i'll let y'all know when work re-begins on mine. it's been a little too hot to work outside here in Northeastern PA. (80-100 oF) :) ;) :)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

vic

Define "recent" ;D. I have built and dismantled 5 layouts (inddors and outdoors) since 2001, and  recently (last year) tore out my last incarnation of my indoor RR and rebuilt it as a mobile indoor layout. I am almost done with the latest version of my ever shrinking railroad, at 5'6" square its far from what most here would consider even conceivable in large scale, but with running 3 trains at once,  it works for me.