Preordered my 3tk Climax, who else is getting one?

Started by jdmike, July 26, 2010, 09:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdmike

I went ahead and preordered my 3 truck Climax tonight at the LHS, getting the Cass Scenic #9 as my wife and I plan to head to Cass the first year the Climax goes into operation, hopefully in the next couple years as they are making good progress.  I do hope that Bachmann has taken a very hard look at the drive system and made the necessary improvements over the previous 2 truck design.  Although I am more that capable of upgrading the drive with NWSL parts if it came to that.  For the price, one would hope the drive system would be metal/diecast/brass, rather than engineering plastic.  Hopefully more details come to light about the new Climax as we approach the estimated release date in a couple months.  Anybody else here taking the chance and ordering up one of the new Climaxes for thier logging line?    Cheers   Mike and Michele T

jerryl

Waiting to see how the "new"drive system holds up. I have the 2 truck version & am eagerly awaiting the NWSL gears.
  I have never preordered anything.  It will probably be available later at a lower price.  But if you don't like waiting............

richg

It does look interesting. I see one online company ad that says DCC on board $193 and dcc/sound $276. I will be thinking about it.

Rich

jdmike

I work as the shops repair dept, so I get great deals on stuff so to speak.  I ended up getting one with sound.  I will report on the drive system once I get mine unless someone else beats me to it.   MIke

Pacific Northern

I am informed that NWSL will have, or now has replacement gears for the original two truck Climax. If the NWSL gears are interchangeable with the new 3 truck Climax I will get one for sure.

I would assume the gear problem has been addressed and corrected by Bachmann for the new 3 truck.

I have not heard many complaints from the owners of the later run Shays. As this engine is also very popular I would assume there have been very few problems with the later runs.

I have a number of shays and have had no problem with them. However, it is nice to know that if I do NWSL has replacement gears.
Pacific Northern