News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Polar Express

Started by WTierce1, July 14, 2010, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

The thing is is that Bachmann isn't as cheap as a company like Hornby that just takes other toolings and puts different paint on it. Just like with the Thomas line, they'd make new moldings for the trains and it would be more work than you think.
[/quote]

Erhm Hornby can do that because every Real (Rev Audrey) Thomas trains are based on real UK trains and Hornby has already made the model ones.
So its no big deal to change the color and make a face to fit in place
of the smoke.
And they have the license for it in the UK
Rev Audrey's own models where done the same way minus the faces.
If the UK market wanted the as on TV ones all of them would have had to
be made from scratch like Bachmann did for the US market.
You do realize I hope that Thomas is about 80 years old and many in the UK
where bought up with Thomas and hold the view that the way Hornby did them is the right way to do them.

I don't quite see how this fits in with the Polar Express Discussion because any company that choses to make it in HO.
Will use existing molds if they can, so they can keep the price down at a level people will pay.
We are happy to pay the prices for our trains many parents are reluctant to pay that price for a toy that may well end up in pieces.
Don't be surprised if one day some one makes it for the discerning adult collector.
Because thats where the money is.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished

Doneldon

Gee, Buzz.  Do you think the Danbury Mint will make one with Thomas Kinkeade, Painter of LightTM, in charge of the glow in Thomas' eyes and the murals on the sides of Annie and Clarabelle? 

I guess my affection for Danbury and Kinkeade is showing.  Seriously, I think you might be right with your prediction.  I do hope it's not DM and TK, however.
                                                                                                             -- D