Hopefully On30 becomes small again this weekend...

Started by HK Porter, July 15, 2010, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HK Porter

I will be at the convention this weekend, I have been in On30 for 12 years so i feel i have a decent knowledge of it.
Bachmann created a huge following and many cottage industries with the Porters and little critter
I really hope we get a Porter and Davenport DCC and sound upgrade and some simple short passenger cars ... in fact a whole line of new shorty stuff would be nice... stuff that can be altered and bashed and offers fun modifications by other small manufacturers like Backwoods miniatures and Boulder valley.

ksivils

In no way wanting to rain on your cloud HK, the balancing act I think Bachmann has to strike is between big and small. Probably for every On30 modeler who operates a micro-layout or a small layout built around Porters, the Shay or a Davenport, there is probably one modeler who uses On30 for poor man's On3, not to mention the On3 modelers who convert the Bachmann stuff to On3.

I do think after two large, for On30, locomotives in a row (while a small locomotive for a 2-6-6-2 - it is a large locomotive when compared to an 0-4-0 or 0-4-2), Bachmann probably will have something for the small industrial operations.

At any rate, the speculation is fun, even if not very productive.

NarrowMinded

I mentioned on another thread that I think a 0-4-0 sidetank porter would be a logical choice to fill in the spot between large and small, I would love to have some sidetank loco's to match my g scale loco's.  if they made them like the new generation large scale it would be pretty easy to stuff in dcc with sound.

NM

HK Porter

NarrowMinded

Very good! I put dcc in porters and it is no fun at all, dcc with sound less fun. I'll likely be selling a few of the porters I have been hoarding and buy some dcc sound porters

NM