News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroader Announces New Products!

Started by Frisco, July 15, 2010, 05:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

O scale locomotives

On2-1/2 Porter 0-4-2T steam locomotive. Clear Lake Lumber Co. (with DCC sound only), Greenbrier & Big Run Lumber Co. (not available with sound), and Tioga Lumber Co. Also available unlettered (painted in black, maroon, and black with maroon and gold). Dual-mode Digital Command Control decoder, light-emitting-diode lighting, and E-Z Mark Mark II magnetic knuckle couplers. $150; with sound, $275. November 2010. Ready-to-run. Spectrum series. Bachmann, 215-533-1600, www.bachmanntrains.com

On2-1/2 Porter 0-4-0T steam locomotive. Painted but unlettered, with vertical or horizontal cab panels. Dual-mode Digital Command Control decoder, light-emitting-diode lighting, and E-Z Mark Mark II magnetic knuckle couplers. $150; with sound, $275. November 2010. Ready-to-run. Spectrum series. Bachmann, 215-533-1600, www.bachmanntrains.com

Don't know if there will be any others, this is all that's posted so far. Much more exciting to me is a new 4-4-0 and a 3 truck Climax in HO!

Here's a link if you want to see announcements in other scales.

http://www.trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=a&id=4057

max (uk)

I wonder if these are the old Porter models updated or completely new models? As getting sound into the old models would be impressive!

I kinda hope these are updates of the old model as this would still give the chance of yet another loco! However this does mean I might as well give Bachmann my wallet!!!

USAF_Andy

If you look, it says that the 0-4-0s are availible with sound for $275...

Mike_AA9ZY

This is good news for those of us who love the little Porter engines. ;D

Linzthom

But not so good news about a possible Heisler  :'( :'( :'(
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Hamish K

I doubt that the list published in Model Railroader is the full story, this has happened before, a list appears before the official announcements, people complain about what is not in it only to discover when the official announcement comes that there are more items, possibly including what they want.

Good to see the Porters back so soon, I was expecting them to be  re-issued a bit further  down the track.

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Well, someday I'll get to do the announcements first...
It's not news that the changes in production since the SDK purchase have resulted in schedule changes.  They've pushed a couple of projects near and dear to our On30 hearts past this year's cutoff, so we will announce them when they're ready. However, the new technology in the Porters will allow subsequent locos to be even better, and I'm very glad to see the Porters back with DCC and sound.
So, don't despair! Remember that Mr. Riley and I want want you want...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ksivils

Could that possibly mean a H.....r could be in the near future?

ossygobbin

well i hope thats not all we are getting  :(

mabloodhound

The Porters are completely new design.   New castings, new drive, etc.
Also listed was a new HO turntable that is suitable for On30
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

ossygobbin

ossygobbin

just looked at the new announcements.
just the porters and nothing else for on30
what a let down

James Thomas

At first glance, the On30 announcements seem a bit light; but we have had a pretty good year with On30-
with the 2-6-6-2 and 4-6-0. 

Also, seems there may be more in store for us before Christmas.

Sure would be nice to see some of the other big manufacturers jump into the On30 rtr market.

Thanks, Bachmann.

-JRT

ChrisS

nothing on rolling stock? i have 3 porters, dont need any more...

Frisco

Glad to see all new Porters myself. Sure, I'd love to see new locomotives, but even for someone who likes bigger locomotives, you gotta love the Porters. I'll be getting a couple with sound.