News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroader Announces New Products!

Started by Frisco, July 15, 2010, 05:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Well nice for all those guys out there in demand of a tiny little Lokie... :) :) :)
Not for me, as I don´t have a use for a Porter here.
So, we´re dreaming on for something geared...
So, we´re continuing to sing the Heisler Song...

But after all, Bach-man: Your Freight cars and Passenger cars fleet could use a good addition too. Doing nothing in this section can mean that another big manufacturer could hop in here too... We have seen this with BLI´s C-16, if they´re wise, they can do much more in plastic. A C&S No74!

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

darryl1936

Quote from: the Bach-man on July 15, 2010, 11:53:45 PM
Dear All,
Well, someday I'll get to do the announcements first...
It's not news that the changes in production since the SDK purchase have resulted in schedule changes.  They've pushed a couple of projects near and dear to our On30 hearts past this year's cutoff, so we will announce them when they're ready. However, the new technology in the Porters will allow subsequent locos to be even better, and I'm very glad to see the Porters back with DCC and sound.
So, don't despair! Remember that Mr. Riley and I want want you want...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

We will make people in all scales very happy!
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

Who is blowing smoke up someone's skirt?

Hamish K

Only the Porters - very disappointing and nothing like we were being led to expect. No brand new items at all. While I welcome the re-introduction of the Porters, On30, like any scale, needs regular new items to keep up the interest. I accept that production difficulties may have delayed some projects - but other scales have more new items, it seems as though On30 is low priority for Bachman. We got nothing at the Toy Fair, we were told then to expect great things at the NMRA convention. Lets hope there really are further new announcements in the near future - but I am not holding my breath. It would be a great pity if On30 were to wither and eventually die because of Bachmann not giving it sufficient priority, but there are worrying signs that this may happen.

To keep faith with the On30 community I think Bachmann needs to announce, by Christmas, a brand new locomotive and one or two items of rolling stock.  If this happens I will accept that Bachmann remains committed to On30, even if the items are not what I would choose.

Hamish

Clover

Hello

The Bachmann says: It's not news that the changes in production since the SDK purchase have resulted in schedule changes.  They've pushed a couple of projects near and dear to our On30 hearts past this year's cutoff, so we will announce them when they're ready.
Question: Why only 0n30 has no realy news ?
I think the main reason is the 2-6-6-2, released last year. It was not the top seller that Bachmann exepted.
Its an exotic engine and compared with the 4-6-0 its very small.
Greetings from an frustrated 0n30 fan.

max (uk)

What has happened this year might be for the best in the long run. I mean a new Climax in both HO and G suggests Bachmann have overcome their 'fear' of making new geared locos thanks to these new gears they have made. So a Heisler could be nearer than you think.

Alot of people were asking for Porters with DCC last year, and now they have released them with sound (must be some form of magic imo :P ). Yet people are still complaining.

On the other hand, I am disappointed to see no new rolling stock.

I'm sure the Bachmann had as much planned for this year as they always do, but because they are moving, they will just be later than planned.

Mike_AA9ZY

Well I for one am very happy to see the Porters with sound. I've modeling in 3-rail O for a few years now and sound enhances my model railroading fun.

I don't know about the rest of you, but FUN is what I expect from the hobby.

Keep up the good work Bachmann. Now let's see what you can do in the other O scale stuff :)

LurchBird

What is the SDK purchase?

Maybe the 2-4-2 side tank loco in G scale means something similar coming soon for On30?

Mark

radar

:( Not very impressive NEWS!
New Porters! I couldn't wait to get the 2-6-6-2 earlier.
Didn't know it was going to be a half-pint.
If anybody is looking for a 2-6-6-2 LNIB I have 1 FOR SALE!
email locknl@earthlink.net

ksivils

Let's not get on the Bach Man so hard.

Not a big fan of the Porters - I have an 0-4-2 for my daughter though - but I started in On30 for use as poor man's On3.

I have a 2-8-0 and it is in the process of being re-detailed to a copy of the original FCM prototype appearance. I have a pair of 2-6-0s. One is now an Argent Lumber type locomotive complete with cabbage stack the other is an oil burner.

I have an OF 4-4-0 that is nearly complete with being re-detailed to look like its prototype in Brazil - sort of.

I bought one of the 2-6-6-2s and the only modification it will get is having its couplers raised to the On3 height - a modification all my locomotives have gotten.

I will probably only obtain two or three more total locomotives for the steam fleet. Either one or two Heislers when and if Bachmann ever produces one and another OF 4-4-0 which will get a whaleback tender.

I have liked all of the locomotives Bachmann has produced, even the Porters, they just don't fit with what I like or need for my Southern swamp logger/common carrier. I love the Forneys, especially the outside frame version, but they cannot navigate some of the curves nor can I figure out how to raise the couplers. The 4-6-0 is too big and just doesn't appeal to me, but I can definitely see the attraction for those who want one.

The best thing about my Bachmann locomotives though is the FUN I have had re-detailing them and creating a locomotive that is unique to my railroad.  For those who want a specific locomotive, I suggest starting with a Bachmann locomotive, investing in a PSC or Back Shop catalog and get busy having fun re-detailing a locomotive.

Spule 4

Quote from: LurchBird on July 17, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
What is the SDK purchase?

Maybe the 2-4-2 side tank loco in G scale means something similar coming soon for On30?

Mark

Kader bying Sanda Kan.  Several people have had shuffles or loss of production overall, but that is fodder for other discussions.

The 2-4-2 has been offered before, along with the other "large" scale offerings.

And like the Porters in On30, a popular offering in their time and frequently requested.
Garrett

Tomcat

Well, folks - if I had go the Bach-man right, they may have some other goodies in the tube already. They did only want to publish these news as soon as they have something to show, so we may expect some other items to come during the year. No specific show to announce them, as they are ready we may hear some more....

Quite bad the Heisler did not come yet. Ok, so I´m saving money for another manufacturer who will be risking to join in the On30 fun yet... Another producer of N.G. Stuff at affordable prices with a valuable quality-that would make my day...

OK-2010/2011 will ´nother kitbashing year... :P :P :P

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Mike_AA9ZY

My favorite Bachmann engines have factory installed sound. The Climax and IF Forney. I can't tell you how happy I am to see the Porters come back with sound!

Smaller engines look better on my layout and now I wish at some point that the 4-4-0 engines will have sound as an option (that I would gladly pay for).

A Heisler would be sweet, but only if it comes with dcc and sound.

BTW, the basic Bachmann dcc control system is a great way for a beginner to learn dcc.

Bachmann, you rock!

lvrr325

I was pleased with the 2-6-6-2, it goes well with the Forney and small 4-4-0's.  In fact I sold my 2-8-0's and 2-6-0 and have concentrated on the smaller engines.  I just wish the Forney and the IF 4-4-0 had tender headlights without my having to add them, since they don't come with a matching spare.  I suppose I'll have to find someone and swap with them.

Mister Lee

I'm one of those oddballs who hopes that Bachmann will offer a banana car, but I suspect that the number of On3/On30 modelers who model Central American narrow gauge can be counted on one man's fingers and toes. A typical Latin American narrow-gauge outside braced wooden boxcar with corrugated roof and metal underframe would also be nice.

As far as passenger cars go, what I'd really like to see is a combination baggage/RPO car for those of us who are wondering how our little people get mail from the outside world. After all, it's the head-end stuff that kept so many passenger trains running for as long as they did.

Quote from: Tomcat on July 16, 2010, 05:22:46 PM
Well nice for all those guys out there in demand of a tiny little Lokie... :) :) :)
Not for me, as I don´t have a use for a Porter here.
So, we´re dreaming on for something geared...
So, we´re continuing to sing the Heisler Song...

But after all, Bach-man: Your Freight cars and Passenger cars fleet could use a good addition too. Doing nothing in this section can mean that another big manufacturer could hop in here too... We have seen this with BLI´s C-16, if they´re wise, they can do much more in plastic. A C&S No74!

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Dalek1995

I'd really like to see an ON30 2-Truck Heisler & 3-Truck Shay. That way, we can assemble the Roaring Camp fleet!

Also, 1st post! ;D
YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!