News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Large Scale announcements

Started by Kevin Strong, July 16, 2010, 11:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Strong

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/2010_NMRA.pdf
In case you haven't seen it on the General Discussions forum yet...

Re-releases of the industrial mogul, 2-4-2 "Lyn" and the Climax (available with or without DCC sound). Also, the Spectrum box car with a Murphy roof.

Later,

K

TJ-Lee

Kevin,

Saw this from over at MyLargeScale. I'm very interested in the Climax 1.20 reissue. Any thoughts on the DCC sound quality?

Best,
TJ Lee

az2rail

I just looked through the announcement. I'm in for a DCC ready climax, and  several of the  box cars.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

gscaler

I like the box cars with the Murphy roof. It would be great if different car numbers were available or if decals for different numbers could be supplied with the data only cars.

It would also be a feather in the Bach-man's cap if the Murphy roof could be sold separately as those with the older version may wish to change to the new roof. I have three I'd like to do.

on30gn15

Quote from: Kevin Strong on July 16, 2010, 11:38:58 AMRe-releases of the industrial mogul, 2-4-2 "Lyn"

The Mogul and the "Lyn" are good lookers.

Okay, now, so, how do I stimulate my economy by $550 or so?   ??? ;D

Question number two - can one successfully over-paint the Mogul's factory paint the first time?
As in to look like unpainted iron boiler jacketing?
With spray can enamels?
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Kevin Strong

Can't help you on question #1. Still trying to figure that one out for myself. I'll let you know if I come up with something.

As for question #2, I use Testor's Model Master "Buffable" metalizer paint, "Gunmetal." I used it on my Heisler directly over the black paint on the boiler (no primer in between), and had no troubles at all.

Before:

After:

Outdoors, the paint reflects the blue sky, as would the prototype.

Later,

K

Doneldon

Larry Green

I would also like to see the new Murphy roof made available for retrofitting first-run production box cars. I'll take three, also.

Larry

on30gn15

A bit of a tangent, while we're talking natural metal boiler jacketing, is this one?
www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=336717

QuoteRemarks: B&O 5581 has been coaled and now goes for a spin on the table before being spotted for further service.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest