4-6-0 Ten Wheelers or Harriman Steam Locomotives in N scale...

Started by squeaky_d, January 24, 2009, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeaky_d

Hello all, I was searching a hobby shops website when I stumbled upon an announcement for the 4-6-0 Ten Wheeler Steam locomotive in N scale in 2006 but not released yet.   Is this locomotive still on the drawing board to be produced.    I would love to have one.

Thanks
Dave Wilson
Denver Area N scale and DENTRAK member. ;D

Conrail Quality

Bachmann couldn't find a suitable motor for the 4-6-0 (and 2-10-0) for what they thought was a reasonable price. So the project has been delayed indefinitely until Bachmann can small enough motor at a price they think we will pay for.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

taz-of-boyds

Arggh,

The Ten Wheeler and the Russian Decapod, both waiting for the motor, and me waiting for them.

Charles

Nick_Burman

Now that B'mann has created the 44ton locos and managed to shoehorn a motor into it, I believe that both projects will come "on" again...although I belive that the R&D department should consider tender drive for both locos - Fleischmann has been using it for decades and their locos run like clockwork...

Cheers NB

Bob S

Tender drive might be OK.  The Roundhouse/Athearn 2-6-0 and 2-8-0 are tender drive and very smooth runners.  I had to change the tenders to something more modern, though.

"Before":

"After"

Bachmann folks will recognize the boiler and tender shell.

For motor-in-boiler ... Nigel Lawton has a 10mm x 12mm 12v motor that works out very nicely, for 23 dollars American.  How small does it need to be???

Resp'y,
Bob S.

Grab Baggage and Walk!

TCWORLD

Quote from: Bob S on January 25, 2009, 09:39:04 PM

For motor-in-boiler ... Nigel Lawton has a 10mm x 12mm 12v motor that works out very nicely, for 23 dollars American.  How small does it need to be???

They also sell 6mm x 10mm motors for $12 which can be made to function at 12v with use of a resistor.
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

Will_Annand

I too would like to see a 4-6-0 DCC ready, better yet DCC equipped.

I don't know about small, Atlas has their little 1880 style 2-6-0 Mogul, it works great. And with the new mini DCC decoder from NCE, it can become DCC capable.

So I know small steamers can be equipped with DCC.

What are the chances of manufacturers offering new locos in two styles...
DCC for those of us who want to run our locos and DC for those still wanting to be switchmen.  :)

I would also love to see Bachmann redo their 4-4-0s but Spectrum quality and DCC ready/equipped.

I wonder what the Bachmann thinks of this idea.....  :D

the Bach-man

Dear Will,
I'd like to see it. As I've said, when we can, we will...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Will_Annand

Thank You Mr. Bach-Man.

After reading your latest product announcements, I am looking forward to the DCC equipped 4-6-0.