News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Announcements Posted

Started by David Leonard, July 16, 2010, 12:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Leonard

However, there's a typo in the address should read ".com" not "_com". Here's the corrected URL: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/2010_NMRA.pdf

Frank C

Some very nice stuff, indeed. Thanks, Bachmann. Now, I hope that early phase RS-3 makes it over to our scale of a lesser god. Been wanting one of those for years. That turntable looks nice, also.

Frank

curn

Wow! Finally the N scale 4-6-0! I know its just an image of an early sample, but that tender is way too big for that thing. What tender will the final version have? Id personally want the tender from the HO scale 52" driver version.

This is a huge set of announcements. Its so large, I'm almost surprised there isn't any Z scale included with it. Keep up the good work!

-Curn

taz-of-boyds

Ten Wheeler, Ten Wheeler, Raah Raah Raah!

Hooray, and all that good stuff!!

Thank you!
Charles

sumfred

On the 4-6-0 I noticed that it was not marked as "Spectrum"
Is there a reason for this or just an oversight?
The street car in N is marked as "Spectrum".
Would be nice to find out.

Fred

the Bach-man

Dear Fred,
The Ten Wheeler will in fact be a Standard Line loco.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dtpowell

Quote from: the Bach-man on July 18, 2010, 11:30:12 PM
Dear Fred,
The Ten Wheeler will in fact be a Standard Line loco.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Interesting. I thought Bachmann was progressing more towards the more detailed "Spectrum" line. I may be wrong in my definition of  what the Standard line is. So, just what is the difference between Bachmann's "Standard" line and the "Spectrum" line?

ABC

Couplers may not be the working knuckle, a little less detail, less expensive, no engineer and brakeman inside, and maybe? the Spectrum has a little better motor. I would rather pay $80 for a loco that is almost as good as the $200 loco then get the $200 loco.

mhampton

I'm a little dismayed that Bachmann seems to be producing only DCC-equipped locomotives now.  At least that's what it looks like from the new releases and the current on-line catalog.  Sure, I might want to use DCC sometime in the future, but it's not too likely.  I know that many DCC decoders allow DC-only operation or it can be jumpered around, but why would I want to pay for a feature that I'll most likely never use?  Unless it's an extremely well done model of a unique loco that I just have to own, I'll either save my money or spend it on another manufacturer's offering.

ABC

Bachmann adding decoders to locos adds no more than $10 to the price of the loco. Bachmann making locos with and without decoders would likely add at least $5 to $10 to the prices. So unless an extra $10 which scales down to only a few dollars when you buy from a discount type retailer. Say a loco has an msrp of $90, you don't pay a hundred dollars do you? No, you pay like $50-70, so an extra $10 is only really like an extra $4.

Frank C

The cost of making separate decoder and non-decoder locos would probably run the cost of both up.

Bachmann's has been improving their standard line over the years. I would not be afraid to order one on that account.

Frank

Williamson

I don't really need one of these 4-6-0s but I would be tempted to get one if it came with an appropriate tender.

But if the deal is I have to buy the loco and then go buy a different tender then the deal is off.  >:(

Mark

Will_Annand

Finaly a small steamer equipped with DCC.

I am looking forward to the day when ALL new locos are DCC equipped.
It will make running trains easier.

DC is like the cathode ray TV or an audio cassette tape or VHS tape, it is an idea that has passed its time.